a pickup that will stand tha test of time

Help Support CattleToday:

lucky us

Reaction score
I believe that if you want a good solid all around pickup you have to go with a Ford. The reason that I say this is because a Ford has the strongest suspension and frame than any pickup out there. And if that is not enough your not going to find stronger motors in Chevy or Dodge.

Let's take to engine first:

In diesels - Dodge has much more low end torque than the new powerstroke so dodge is superior there.

The GM Duramax has more horsepower than the new powerstroke so out on the highway, the GM is superior there.

In gas engines, the 8.1 GM beat the V-10 ford in every area except fuel economy.

On every other engine class, GM beats ford on fuel economy.

On midsize engines, the 5.7 hemi has more horsepower than the 5.4 ford and the 6.0 chevy has more torque than the 5.4 ford.

I'll let someone else shoot down your suspension and frame opinions.

Where I'm from I see alot more old fords still running and being used as farm truck, than I do any other brand.

I got a 1977 f150 with a 400 v8, that pulls and hauls everything I need it to

hummmmmmmmmmmm
just when i thought my old 56 studebaker was king of the hill these guys bring up the new fangled rigs!!!!!!!!!!!
i can work on mine without a fancy set of DUAL tools metric and sae, no computor to check if it is running right!!!!!!!!! if i lose a belt i can use a piece of wire or a piece of baleing twine!!! i can get home without calling a tow truck and spending a fortune on parts to fix a .15 item!!!!!
come on guys this is an argument that is redundtant!!!!!!!
what is good for me might not be good for you!!!!! and has probabally started more bar room fights than :MY WIFE IS UGLIER THAN YOURS!!!!!!!!
give it a rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Latest posts