A nice day, pics

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
We don't have nice days in the Winter.
Looking back at some Oct pics, taken on the ranch.

P1010154-1.jpg

P1010141.jpg

P1010145.jpg

I love October (and brockle faced cattle).
Is amazing what November can do; beats Mn with an ugly stick ~ yes? :roll:

Cool pics, and cool place you have!

Great pics mnmt! How did calving go? You almost done? Looks like the weather is finally cooperating. :D

p.s. I didn't think you were even in MN in Oct. ;-)

Thanks for the comments. 8) Today was really nice [for upstate MN] :roll: got up to what +25 :shock:
Thought I was in danger of working up a sweat. :help: How do you Southern Folks handle it. :?:

The calving is not going badly, will be a lot better with the warmer weather. :clap:

Cuz, That is a Charolais cow.

mnmtranching":j4qwgqff said:
Thanks for the comments. 8) Today was really nice [for upstate MN] :roll: got up to what +25 :shock:

Don't roll your eyeballs there mister, we got +28 F and I thought spring was here. :shock: It was so great to spend most of the day outside again. How sad is that...28 degrees is warm? :lol2: Glad to hear calving is going well though. :D

Cuz,

Ohhh :oops: :oops: Second pic :???: That would be known as a Lab-type critter. Not a whole lot of value there. :cry:

Misty, isn't it nice to have such simple pleasures :?: Like temps in the 20's :banana: :banana:

And Cuz, You might notice in the first pic, the black spot to the right? Yup :oops: the Lab types are ALWAYS close by. :roll:

mnmt - I'm very impressed by how well your dogs act around the cattle. Son got a Lab that was about a year old. (The owner had lived in an apartment and had to get rid of it.) He's tried a lot of stuff to train "Max" to be calmer and act right around the cattle but Max doesn't seem to be capable of "getting" it. Any suggestions? Or is it too late for Max to ever amount to much?

a_girl, Taking walks on the ranch has always been a escape for me. Can't wait till the snowmelt to check thing out again.

Cuz, I got these Labs when they were very small, grew up with cows and little calves. The cows also grew up around these dogs and all get along VERY nicely. These dogs love chasing and killing mice, but other then that they are die hard bird dogs. They won't chase deer or rabbits, or anything but birds while I have the shotgun.

P1010012-4.jpg

mnmtranching":15x34p41 said:
Thought I was in danger of working up a sweat. :help: How do you Southern Folks handle it. :?:

The calving is not going badly, will be a lot better with the warmer weather. :clap:

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Better question, how do you Nothern Folks handle it???? 25??? 25???? You have got to be kidding! We havent been 25 all winter!!! It was 87 today. aaahhhhh love it! Oak trees have already started popping new leaves!!! Did the ground hog see his shadow? Seems spring has sprung....

RebelCritter":1ufw8s2t said:
mnmtranching":1ufw8s2t said:

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Better question, how do you Nothern Folks handle it???? 25??? 25???? You have got to be kidding! We havent been 25 all winter!!! It was 87 today. aaahhhhh love it! Oak trees have already started popping new leaves!!! Did the ground hog see his shadow? Seems spring has sprung....

25 is really nice it's the - stuff that makes us wonder what were doing here. :help:

Latest posts