a new avatar?

Help Support CattleToday:

iowa hawkeyes

Reaction score
Went to the Iowa/Minnesota game this weekend. Unfortunately the team didn't show up. :help: Minnesota has a beautiful new stadium. It was a little chilly, but not windy so it was ok. Went to the Penn State/MN volleyball match too. Was going for Penn State and they lost too! (Those chicks are huge!!BTW - they were on our floor of the hotel)

You don't like Minnesota teams, or you do but you like whoever is playing them better. Put one of those beach volleyball girls up there for your avatar.

You ever been to Dubuque? I was there once and the thing I remember is that it's very hilly.

I don't mind MN, but I like Penn State VB better. Now Nebraska football would be another story, I'll even root for Iowa State when they play them. :D

I have been to Dubuque. It's on the complete opposite side of the state for us, so it's a 6-7 hour drive to get there. We really enjoyed it. There is a Smithsonian Institute Museum there that was very cool. The Mississippi River locks and dams were interesting to look at.

Dubuque is in a very nice region of the U.S. The hills and the river add a lot of interest and beauty to the landscape.

iowa hawkeyes":16vr0fxf said:
Went to the Iowa/Minnesota game this weekend. Unfortunately the team didn't show up. :help: Minnesota has a beautiful new stadium. It was a little chilly, but not windy so it was ok. Went to the Penn State/MN volleyball match too. Was going for Penn State and they lost too! (Those chicks are huge!!BTW - they were on our floor of the hotel)

Hope you had a nice trip. But I'm glad the game/match didn't turn out how you would have liked!

For some strange reason I've always cheered for the Hawkeyes in every sport unless it was to Minnesota's advantage that Iowa lost. Now Wisconsin on the other hand... I always cheer against them. But Wisconsin fans are usually pretty fun.

Talked to an older fellow that has been to every Hawkeye game the last 4 years. He said most places are really fun, but the Ohio State fans are the worst. He said Happy Valley is definitely happy, starting on Thursday before the game. That's hubby and I's dream when we get older too, hit all the games with an RV.

the FB season is going from bad to worse. 1 drug arrest and now 2 others leaving and off the team. Vegas even took the game of the betting boards. Uh. It's embarassing...

On another note, the BB team did lose to the Cyclowns but you gotta love Fran McCraffey. I love his intensity and passion. He deserves every T he gets!!

Latest posts