A little financial tip for you all

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":12z20x6m said:
3waycross":12z20x6m said:
Last week I wrote a check on my cattle account and deposited it in my regular checking account and they put a hold on it.......can't blame em, I don't trust me either!!!
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: To really cover their azz they should have just locked down both accounts. :hide:

yessireebob! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":2rafj01c said:
3waycross":2rafj01c said:
Last week I wrote a check on my cattle account and deposited it in my regular checking account and they put a hold on it.......can't blame em, I don't trust me either!!!
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: To really cover their azz they should have just locked down both accounts. :hide:
Ain't that something!. I rely on these checks to pay subs, expenses, materials. It's bad enough I have to wait sometimes 30 days or more to get paid, while the expenses don't wait. Then when i do get paid, they want to hold over 50% for 8 business days. Only 2 customer checks bounced in 20 years, 12 years with the same bank, deposits from the same people or companies year after year. Needless to say that isn't happening anymore.

Hook in the "old days" which really wasn't that long ago bank officers realized those things and didn't worry too much about accounts like yours. They went out of their way to actually help you. Now days those same bank officers are literally handcuffed by new rules and regulations out of Washington which doesn't leave them much wiggle room. Personalized banking is a thing of the past.

Don't you just love working for someone who won't pay you for 30 days? They always seem to need the work done yesterday too but drag their feet on payment.

One of my friends around here does work for some big mining companies.. welding, equipment repair, etc... 4 months have passed and he hasn't been paid yet.. something like $20G or so.. kept saying he didn't submit the invoice, or submitted it to the wrong office, etc..

It got so bad in the poultry industry with the late payments that some states passed laws requiring payment within so many days. Company of friend of mine raised birds for ended up complying but they moved their payment office to Hawaii where the check could sit in an envelope for seven extra days.

Got a friend who has owned and operated a pretty good size dairy all his adult life also sells a lot of hay. Sells quite a lot of small square bales of coastal hay to a couple of large horse ranches....it's all the same hay as he feeds his cattle except he square bales it and delivers it to the horse folks about 2-3 miles down the road. Charges them around $10 for a bale of hay he would sell you for cattle at $7.00....the $3.00 difference is his build in finance charge knowing he'll have to wait on his money. He always get it .... they always pay premium.

3waycross":1xdbvztz said:

In that case, you woulda had to commence an asswhippin your own ass...

greybeard":yklkvrv1 said:
3waycross":yklkvrv1 said:

In that case, you woulda had to commence an asswhippin your own ass...

I thought about it but I had not stopped payment on the check I wrote to myself so I declined to begin that operation.

Latest posts