A.I schools

Help Support CattleToday:

KYFarmKid

Reaction score
I have looking for different A.I schools to go to, I have found a few but being a full time college student it has been hard to find one that's fits my schedule. I was wondering what schools or classes y'all have been to and would recommend. I have checked all the major semen companies, but I was looking for something more along the lines of a Bovine Elite or Graham School for Cattleman.
Any suggestions or advice regarding different schools around the country would be greatly appreciated, I'm located in Kentucky but would be willing to travel for a good course.
Thanks in advance for information!

Graham may have an AI class, but I thought they just had their long class with weeks of study and two weeks field work. I have a friend that went through it.
CSM

You should look up Genetics Plus, the ABS rep in KY. They are in Richmond, KY and have a class from time to time. I don't know what the class schedule is. Give David a call 859-582-0761

KYKid,
Depending on where you're in school - if your college has an agriculture division, they may offer one -either as a regular class, or as a 'night/continuing ed' type class.
I know my wife took one that was a cooperative-taught deal between Murray St. Univ. and the local KCTCS community college here in Hoptown; evening classes one or two nights a week for a half-semester(I think).

Since you are in college look into a college credit class somewhere If I remember one transfer some hours from another college to your present school if your school does not offer a repo class. I had to take one class that way to graduate from another university (summer program) to graduate in four years. I would ask but a repo class should be allowed as a elective even if its not your degree.

KYFarmKid":jrgtwbe6 said:
I have looking for different A.I schools to go to, I have found a few but being a full time college student it has been hard to find one that's fits my schedule. I was wondering what schools or classes y'all have been to and would recommend. I have checked all the major semen companies, but I was looking for something more along the lines of a Bovine Elite or Graham School for Cattleman.
Any suggestions or advice regarding different schools around the country would be greatly appreciated, I'm located in Kentucky but would be willing to travel for a good course.
Thanks in advance for information!
If you are at UK, the dairy ai's everything and I'm sure the beef program does some repro work as well. Even if there isn't a formal class, I'm sure someone would be willing to give you some lessons or point you in the right direction.

Latest posts