When you question why you do A.I.

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah, i knew she was pushing and i should have released the pressure but i was on the last ring of cervix and was so close! I think i prefer doing A.I. at the dry end of the year!

You just reminded me to go down and put the heifers from the ryegrass hay. I just pulled the cidrs this morning and am feedlotting them until I inseminate. I want to avoid that, I'll put some straw in this arvo.

Ken

Yeah i should have given her some chaff for a week or so. Been told activated charcoal with some speedabeet in their diet can help thicken the milkshake. Maybe some bentanite might help, just getting around to it. To be honest i thought this cow was three months in calf, have a feeling she has slipped it.

It always happens to me also. My favorite is when they have it on their tail and somehow always manage to hit me in the face.

I started wearing the thin blue zip up coveralls to AI in. The ones all the old dairy farmers used to wear.

You're full of it Redgully :p

The last thing I would have thought about was a cell phone :lol2:

I'm with kentuckyguy, a flick of a shi!!y tail in the face can ruin the day.

alisonb said:
You're full of it Redgully :p

The last thing I would have thought about was a cell phone :lol2:

I'm with kentuckyguy, a flick of a shi!!y tail in the face can ruin the day.

It is actually incredibly hard to take a photo covered in, well you know.

So when this happened she pushed so hard my arm and the gun came out, poo all over the gun, i removed straw, washed the gun thoroughly, new sheath and finished the job. Straw was sitting around a long time.....and today we preg tested and it took! So in the end it was worth it.

I missed this thread when you first posted. Great PICTURE!!!! Really had to laugh. Thanks!
Congrats on her getting bred. Pretty amazing when you try to do everything sooooo perfect when breeding for conception.

Latest posts