A few pics from my place

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
If so much as one person draws a negative breath on my operation I swear this thing will go 40 pages. Just kidding do with it what you like.

A little scenery:

Some facilities:
Weaning shed

Inside view

Homemade calf chute. The money I saved was lost on the hobby.

Nice looking place and good looking cattle. We have several black cows with the reddish places on them this summer. I have read and I believe it was on this cattle forum , that it is caused by a copper deficiency or the sun. Must be the sun with mine. We have had very high temps here for the last month or longer and you can feel the sun burn your skin like never before when you go outside. We keep minerals with copper in them out at all times, so I cannot believe it is a copper deficiency.
Enjoyed your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Looking good Bigfoot, how many ac.is your farm? Is it common practice to wean calves inside around here we wean in a big corral the more room the better but it is a lot colder here when I wean.

tamarack":2k78otwi said:
Looking good Bigfoot, how many ac.is your farm? Is it common practice to wean calves inside around here we wean in a big corral the more room the better but it is a lot colder here when I wean.

260 acres. Its not common to wean that way. I use it to wean in, or settle down calves I buy, that sort of thing. Its joined by its own working pen, and that's joined by an acre lot, that would hold most anything.

Urea with that new slow release additive. I can't remember what's it called. I also don't put on very much, but I put half on in the spring, and half midsummer (if it's been raining).

Bigfoot your place is gorgeous and the cattle all look good too. I'd be darned proud of it too !!! Takes some time and effort to get a place to that point and keep it there like you have. :tiphat:

Latest posts