A few pics from my place

Help Support CattleToday:

Beautiful place. Kentucky sure is pretty country.

After seeing all the pics from you Kentucky folks, I've put visiting there on my bucket list.

Bigfoot I hope you enjoy that place as much as I enjoyed those pictures. I've never been there. Been to a lot of places but never there. Your cattle look good.

Looks great Bigfoot! Your grass looks much, much better than when I came up and met you when you had drought conditions.

Sweet, my Kentucky Brother. God only created two races of men. Kentuckians and then all the rest. God bless our state. :D

Bigfoot look at the similarity in our two heifers:
Yours:
2m7ytlh.png

Mine:
153l168.jpg

Looks like you have added a few extra cross fenses since i have been there. Still looks as beautiful as i remember. Little foot guided us all over that 260 acres of land for sure while chasing those VERY large turkeys you have on the property. I like the new barn also.

Lovely country Bigfoot, very interesting country with those rolling hills interspersed with the beautifull tree lines along the edges.
Those are some pretty serious backsides on those calves in the shed.
Ken

inyati13":2q7femzg said:
Sweet, my Kentucky Brother. God only created two races of men. Kentuckians and then all the rest. God bless our state. :D

Bigfoot look at the similarity in our two heifers:
Yours:
2m7ytlh.png

Mine:
153l168.jpg

I had noticed that before. That's my daughters heifer, out of her cow. She calls it "old two face". I'm trying to AI my kids cows, but this spring got crazy, so they are bred to my bull. I would have to look, and see what bull that calf is out of.

Thanks for the kind words. If I were to grade my production, I'd give myself a c- with a comment of could do better. I just posted, because I love to look at other people places, when they put pics up. Maybe a few more will, with encouragement.

Just some thoughts:
3 and 1/2 weeks ago, I was as dry as I'd ever been. Days away from feeding hay. It's rained close to 8 inches here since then. Things shocked me turning around. I will be able to make a 3rd cutting of hay, and I was out scrounging for anything to cut. Our trade is feast, or famine, but it's a quality life.

skyhightree1":2ygjhwb2 said:
Bf if you get a c I get a f -

Were always our own worst critics. I've recently gotten interested in figuring my pounds of beef per acre. I'd like to really improve that number. I never really thought of production in that regard before. The more I think about, for myself atleast, weaning weights, herd health, you name it. They are all important, but am I getting all the pounds of beef that I can off of my place. I would like to up my number of rotations, hit on a WSG that will work for me, have silage as a viable option, have some hay banked for a drought. Then really push the place to produce. It might mean selling a few cows, when things get dry, but I'd like to really pursue it.

Latest posts