A Few of this Years Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

GRTiger85

Reaction score
Few of the registered angus bulls I have this year, all these guys are 12-14 months old. other than some being pointed the wrong way for pics, how do they look? Duff New Edition sons

MCC_NE_160.JPG

MCC_NE_154B.JPG

MCC_154_A.JPG

MCC_BL_163.JPG

MCC_NE_162_A.JPG

gizmom":16r6ghhp said:
3152 would be my picks 4 I would boot out of the class

Gizmom
I agree with this. Although the 4 bull looks like he would be an easier calver than the rest..

I like this, with what to me is 5 different type bulls, maybe we can all learn from them. Ill say that pictures may not do them justice but heres my opinions.
# 1 looks to be a larger frame bull, straight topped, maybe could use some more muscle expression, but that could be from larger frame.
# 2 more muscle expression but drops off in the front, could be the way he stands.
# 3 looks like a good thick, deep bodied bull. for me he looks smaller framed and not much length(easily the picture)
# 4 could be because you have him set up like a show animal, but not for me.
# 5 Id like to see more heart girth in him.
I like larger frame, so for me id go 1,3,2,5,4.
Not knocking the bulls, just wondering what others see, and why.

Thanks for everybody's opinions, I see them everyday and probably have a partial view on them. So I like hearing what other people think of them. Still working on my cattle photography, gets pretty frustrating sometimes for both parties. That 4th bull lacks some of the power of the other bulls, but he's also about 4 months younger. I know its hard to judge em off 1 photo but most of them are a little better than they are standing, 5th Bull I would make a little deeper. Their Epd's are pretty moderate, I dont chase the numbers or the bull of the month. Just trying to breed good functional cattle with good phenotype, most of them are strong OCC influence.

All are impressive bulls to me. I like 5,3 and 1 best but I'd be proud to have either. 5 gives me a Brangus feel to him.

I wouldn't sell 4 short, I thought he might be younger than the rest and the way he is all spread out takes some of his thickness away.All nice bulls for their age.

Latest posts