A few MG and MG crosses

Help Support CattleToday:

Crossbred Bull Calves

These calves are all born mid February and we are pretty pleased so far. Sorry about the quality. Apparently, my cell phone had a little something on the lens.

Great bunch of calves. Your two MG are awesome. I've always been impressed with MG cattle. All the calves look good (well, except the dark grey brockle face is probably the worse one - not bad - just not as good - but could just be the photo).

Thank you Knersie and Jeanne. That heifer is visually the best we have raised.

cmf, the bull calf is out of Kauri

The heifer is out of Rockliffe Patron

Have you used Kauri on any heifers?
Have you found BW an issue?
I think Gambler was questionable on heifers, but I like his cut.
I want to try to set up for some AI next year and give it a shot.
If I get there, I'm trying to figure out who I would breed to who.
I think you've got two great nicks there.

I haven't used Kauri on heifers and I wouldn't, although we haven't had any calving difficulties with him. I've got a bull calf out of him from a cow who has always had low birth weight calves that I may someday use on heifers. I think he's quite a bit better than the bull calf above. Patron is a low birth weight bull and I'll probably save some of his calves to use on heifers.

Keren":3177rjay said:
Nice calves, and from what I've seen of your other posts, very true to your breeding type.

I've always loved Patron
Thank you Keren. We've only used him for one breeding season, but from the results, I wish I could find more semen. Only had 30 sraws to begin with and can't find any more over here.

I've never used him myself, he really is a lot of what I look for in a bull, though if I remember from when Jeanne was using him, possibly was a little small framed for our operation. He'd sure make some awesome vealers crossed over square meaters

gberry":2nl1ngfu said:
Keren":2nl1ngfu said:
Nice calves, and from what I've seen of your other posts, very true to your breeding type.

I've always loved Patron
Thank you Keren. We've only used him for one breeding season, but from the results, I wish I could find more semen. Only had 30 sraws to begin with and can't find any more over here.

Here's Schatzi, at about 7 months old. She is a patron heifer:

7Mo_Schatzi_1.jpg

7Mo_Schatzi_2.jpg

She had a nice bull calf this spring.