A better way to wrap/unwrap t-post clips

Help Support CattleToday:

bought one of these for my Dad for his birthday (he only needs so many new shirts :roll: )
got it today - he thought it was pretty cool
although we both agreed it is so small that it would be easily lost - so the first thing we did is paint it bright yellow
I played with tightening up a couple of ties and it worked great
(goodie - I may have just found myself another job - before I could always complain that the pliers were too big for my hands)

They are too easy to make to go out and buy one. This sure isn't a new invention. Dad made one back in the 40's.

A pipe nipple works fine or you can get a piece of solid rod and drill a hole in each end

cmjust0":2hpmsb5m said:
I use a hi-
on t-post clips..

Insert the tool itself through the 'V' and twist just like the screwdriver/nail method, then slip wire through the smallest hole in the tool and twist it around.. Move to the short side, slip the tool over the tag end of the wire, and give it one twist.

Piece of cake.

Thanks....perfect Mothers' Day gift for the wife...twisting clips is her job, think she will really enjoy this gadget, maybe it will speed her up a bit, too.

The tool was used a lot in the past week. It is okay. I'm glad I have it. It will be painted bright orange soon :lol:

I got one and it is really worth the money.Might have saved my horse from picking up a wrap in one of her hoofs,causeing her to go lame for 3 mos.So simple to use now the beefalowill stay put.Cindy

My dad took a pair of pliers and ground the end of one handle down to a taper and on the other handle he drilled a hole thru the end of it. He had his pliers and a way to twist 2 different kinds of clips all in one tool.

You know, I wonder why I ever post anything anymore. Seems like every time I do someone feels the need to either make fun of it or act like I'm an idiot. My dad is 84 years old. He's very good at making what he needs. I thought what he made was pretty slick. Sorry if you didn't.

mom to 4":16aoskd5 said:
You know, I wonder why I ever post anything anymore. Seems like every time I do someone feels the need to either make fun of it or act like I'm an idiot. My dad is 84 years old. He's very good at making what he needs. I thought what he made was pretty slick. Sorry if you didn't.

It only matters what you think. Be proud of your father, others can build but he /or you had enough sents to market it. If you continue to worry about the opinion of others it can only lead to self distruction. It does not hurt to listen, but the discission is yours.

Remember "the little engine that could".

Latest posts