A-5 16ga Finished

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
I am not real proud of the stock job cuz I know I rushed it a bit but I wanted it done for my vacation this week so I could shoot it.
Before
IMG-20120308-00148.jpg

After
IMG-20120409-00185.jpg

Salida-20120409-00186.jpg

IMG-20120409-00184.jpg

Didn't do this to sell but when it's all said and done. I have $550 in it and could probably get between $750 and $800. So another one for the safe to be used a little and sold some day when I need some retirement money(ya sure you betcha) maybe trade bait but not sold. :lol2:

ousoonerfan22":351qwk4t said:
You must be picky that stock looks good to me!

It's good enuf for me to hunt with. But if I was doing it for someone else it would need to be perfect and it's not!

It seems like I learn something every time I do one. I may post a couple of pics of a Pre 64 Model 70 and Savage Model 99 that I did. They are real close to perfect.

What did you do there with the rubber recoil pad? I have that same model gun with the same recoil pad as in the before picture except mine's a 12 gauge. Mine is in excellent condition other than the recoil pad which is disintegrating.

ga.prime":2chndbdi said:
What did you do there with the rubber recoil pad? I have that same model gun with the same recoil pad as in the before picture except mine's a 12 gauge. Mine is in excellent condition other than the recoil pad which is disintegrating.

I replaced it with a Sporting Clays pad. Mine was petrified!

3waycross":2kwijhz0 said:
ga.prime":2kwijhz0 said:

Yes, petrified is a better description- it's hard as a rock. I need to do something like that with mine. How did you get the old pad off- isn't it glued on?

ga.prime":1c8cpj1e said:
3waycross":1c8cpj1e said:
ga.prime":1c8cpj1e said:

Yes, petrified is a better description- it's hard as a rock. I need to do something like that with mine. How did you get the old pad off- isn't it glued on?

Look real close you will see the holes for the screws. As hard as mine was I was able to force a phillips(large) thru there and unscrew it!

kenny thomas":gzbhw8kk said:
Yes 3waycross, you can sell it any day for 750. I can send the address to ship it to. :nod:

Kenny if I decide to sell it you will be first on the list!

Probably gonna shot it for at least one season first. That way you will get it prescratched.LOL

hi im new here im barry i know this post is 2 months old already but let me say that i like what u'd made it looks good to me.. :D

barrychen":1dtkf96o said:
hi im new here im barry i know this post is 2 months old already but let me say that i like what u'd made it looks good to me.. :D

Thanks Barry. I am actually going to take it and a couple other 16's out and shoot some trap with my youngest son.

I like the stock 3way, it matches the original stocks pretty well, but maybe a shade darker. But it looks better then it did no matter what shade your stock is.
And a plus is it's a 16ga round nob.
Is it a Belgium?, or American?

sim.-ang.king":2ifbfsmb said:
I like the stock 3way, it matches the original stocks pretty well, but maybe a shade darker. But it looks better then it did no matter what shade your stock is.

Belgium............I put about 30 rounds thru it today. Functioned flawlessly......the gun, not me! :lol2:

3waycross":155uaph0 said:
sim.-ang.king":155uaph0 said:

Belgium............I put about 30 rounds thru it today. Functioned flawlessly......the gun, not me! :lol2:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

3waycross":1chh0peh said:
sim.-ang.king":1chh0peh said:

It amazes me how many died Quail get up and fly away... :lol:

3waycross":3psiyj7q said:
ousoonerfan22":3psiyj7q said:
You must be picky that stock looks good to me!

It's good enuf for me to hunt with. But if I was doing it for someone else it would need to be perfect and it's not!

It seems like I learn something every time I do one. I may post a couple of pics of a Pre 64 Model 70 and Savage Model 99 that I did. They are real close to perfect.
I would realy like to see the model 99 and the pre 64 they are two of my favorite guns.

Latest posts