832W sons

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
CIRCLE-D 832W EINSTN 28E
REG# X23886032
circle28e.jpg

Any of you hereford breeders ever use him?

I have a few units of 832W I wanted to use on the heifers out of my horned bull this spring.
Was just looking for a good son of the old bull to use when my 832W semen ran out.

Don't bother suggesting 19D either. I will not use him.

My choice would be:

MC Ranger 9615 (P23895865)

23895865.jpg

Another good choice would be:

NJW 832W D32 LATIGO 45G (X24026185)

njw45g.jpg

Now, I don't have calves by either - but I've been watching Ranger with interest.

Also, I'm curious why you wouldn't use 19D?

I really like the looks of the bull you posted as well, but his progeny performance records indicate he's just a little below average as a sire, where these two bulls are above average.

George

I'm not looking for a "showring" pedigree. They do not to have a picture infront of a Denver, FW, or Reno backdrop. And EPD's don't mean a whole lot to me. I want to calves to perform in the pasture. Paper just falls apart when wet.
Thanks for the information. I'll look them over.

I won't use 19D because he is too fined boned and doesn't transfer any muscle into his calves. They are fishy butted and even the bulls are too feminine for my taste.
I've been burnt by 19D calves. They are hard doing and HAVE to have grain to maintain themselves at a BCS of 5 at best.
I want muscle in my calves, even in my heifers. I want them easy doing...cows here do not get grain. I want a big foot...to me that spells longevity. I want a deep chest and flank, and lots of capacity. 19D cannot do that for me.

832W on the other hand can and has.

Thanks again for the information.

Thank YOU for the information!

I'm pretty familiar with horned Hereford pedigrees, but I am still learning about the polled pedigrees.

I have one 19D daughter in my herd - beautiful cow, average calves.

EPDs - I've learned to put a lot less stock in them than I did when I got back into Hereford cattle in 2002- and very little stock in them until there's some actual performance records to back them up.

George

I don't have any calves by him, but MC Ranger is supposed to produce some really thick calves. I know a couple of guys with calves by him and they are impressed with the thickness. Ranger has a heck of a butt on him. Remitall has a picture of him in this falls sale catalog in his working clothes, he looks pretty impressive to me.

Hello Cert.

I have always admired the specimans form 832w despite his mid range performance EPD's, but not always the resulting offspring from the 7 proven sons he has on record. Of those 7, I am not a fan of 19D, or Ranger. Ranger calves seem inconsistent, and 19D lacks the performance. I do not have much experience with Einstn, but I have seen Gallant daughters, and was fairly impressed. If I had to choose a proven 832w son, I would choose Gallant. For an upcoming bull out of the 36 unproven 832w sons you might look at Jim Bellis' Levi bull (1998 model). His dam is a DOD and traces back to 107H. I'm sure Jim would be glad to answer any questions you had about the bull.

Latest posts