Sons of Gelbvieh Balancer bull PRTY Upgrade 0150X ET

Help Support CattleToday:

bmoore87

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone had used a bull out of him? Were buying a few 3/4 gelbvieh sons and haven't really used gelbvieh bulls in the last 15 years. thought the gelbvieh bulls threw nice calves on Angus cows. I do remember we had some problems with some throwing large headed calves at that time, didn't know if that's still a problem.

http://bullbarn.com/gelbepd.asp?ID=385/[url]

We've been using Gelbvieh and Balancer bulls (both AI and natural service) since the mid 90's. I don't recall ever having any issues with large headed calves.

Though I don't have any experience with PRTY Upgrade, I have used his maternal brother, Buck's Carolina Rock'n 251L. Rock'n is a calving ease bull that sires cattle that are fairly stout for being out of a calving ease bull. The bull calves out of Rock'n have some thickness and adequate capacity, and have a good look. I've only had a couple heifers out of him and only kept one for a replacement. She only stayed a year or two if I remember correctly but was culled for not breeding back in a relatively short time period with the bull. Don't assume because this one cow didn't stay in the herd for long that this is typical of Rock'ns daughters.

Though I haven't used the bull in a while he is on my short list of potential calving ease sires to use again this coming breeding season. Bull barn also sells semen on this bull.

http://bullbarn.com/gelbepd.asp?ID=182

We've been using Gelbvieh and Balancer bulls (both AI and natural service) since the mid 90's. I don't recall ever having any issues with large headed calves.

We had a couple that we pulled a good number out of. Been awhile ago so must seem worse than it was since I was pulling them.

I'll have to keep an eye out for those two bulls looks like the have good numbers. We went with these since they were the most uniform group of 3 we looked at in breeding and appearance. We're trying to get our market calves more cookie cutter in look.

been raising gelbvieh's for over 10 years now only one pulled, calving ease has gotten so much better then years ago.

Latest posts