6 year old border collie

Help Support CattleToday:

dbro

Reaction score
We acquired A red and white border collie that is 6 years old. We thought it would be great since we lost our big outside dog a few months ago and we were wanting to get another dog to patrol and protect the smaller animals. The problem is that nature is taking its course and he is not protecting the smaller outside animals (ie: baby kittens) he see them as a food source. So I am looking to get him to a new home since i believe he has a working dog background. We were looking more for A family pet that probably needs to be raised around everyone else. I do have papers on him and we live near Stephenville Texas

I understand your problem. We have Welsh Corgis and while they are great protectors for the family farm they have been known to eat a chicken or two. We have found what works best is to raise a litter pup that will get the idea of his/her role in the pecking order and what the family expects them to do. Dogs love a job, dogs need a job. They just need to know what the do's & don'ts are with your livestock and the best way to teach is while a puppy.
Good luck.

Latest posts