5X5 1/2

Help Support CattleToday:

shanel

Reaction score
got my hay rolled last week,the guy used a jd 567 roller and he said the rolls were 5 by 5 1/2.the hay was fescue,orchardgrass and clover.And it tested 20% and less moisture.What should the rolls weigh?

p.s. i know what they weighed,neighbor has a set of certified livestock scales,just wonderin what they should of weighed.

My JD 567 5 x 5'8" bales normally weigh 1700-2000 lbs depending on forage type, moisture, how heavy the hay was, etc. 20% moisture sounds a tad high, so I would guess you would be in the upper end of that range. Baled 45 bales for a nieghbor Sunday evening, brother weighed 2 and they each weighed 1940 lbs.

I'd like to throw my guess out there at 1450lbs.

Please share the actual weights.

1840,much to my suprise,18 of the acres turned off 3.68tons per acre and the other 10 acres only turned off .83 tons per acre.

shanel":3ejwzto4 said:
1840,much to my suprise,18 of the acres turned off 3.68tons per acre and the other 10 acres only turned off .83 tons per acre.

Sounds about right, and you got some pretty good production off the 18 acres. Any compelling reason the other 10 was only 25% of the other's production. All of our cool season grasses look pretty even. Brome will be pollinating here in the next few days, so it will be go time.

Latest posts