5410 Rebel Vermeer

Help Support CattleToday:

Yellow Iron all the way! Love my 504 superI. I bought my used roller 12 years ago for 7000.00 and have pulled with as little as 49 hp. I've replaced a couple bearings and put some new belts on it other than that no issues. I bet I could still get what I paid for it this day. Easy to maintenance. BTW roll about 800 per year.

I bought a new 5410 in 2011. I have bailed less than 1000 bales and have replaced 5 of the 6 belts.Surely this is not normal. Any ideas? I bale only dry mixed grass(fescue and orchard grass) hay. My tractor produces 68hp at the pto. The baler stays in the dry when not in use.

I had to replace mine at about 1000 bales also. Was told they put cheap belts on them originally. Guy I got new belts from said they don't make the original two ply belts any more. I got three ply belts with alligator clips from USbalerbelts.com and they work a lot better.

I have a 1989 505I that has 20k+ bales through it with very little problems and a 2008 505M Silage that has 11K+ on the bale moniter with very few problems. Both are still on their original belts. Vermeers are good balers, but don't bale as pretty a bale as their green competition, but the bales will be tighter and heavier. The large roller in the bottom that the hay is pressed against is pack super tight against it, as the green competition, the hay is rolled inside the belts which doesn't fuzed the hay up as much, but also doesn't make it as tight either.

7rpf.jpg

002ffn.jpg

shorty":3vbvfzgm said:
Does anyone know how a 5410 rebel baler works with wet hay for balage, I make about 500 bales of balage a year , I have a NH 638 hi-moisture baler and I'm not happy with it. someone told me they don't recomend a rebel for wet hay.
Badly! The 5410 does NOT like wet anything! Otherwise, it's a pretty good baler and am happy with mine.

Does the 5410 tie the twine from one side to the other or both sides to the middle? We have a 5420 and it tires from the left side too the right, but the twine is always loose and very loose on the right side where it ties last...thoughts?

Latest posts