45 New nuclear reactors and clean coal

Help Support CattleToday:

perda04

Reaction score
Leaving R/D bickering out of this, I'd like to see clean power generation for America.

Sen. John McCain called Wednesday for the construction of 45 new nuclear reactors by 2030 and pledged $2 billion a year in federal funds "to make clean coal a reality," measures designed to reduce dependence on foreign oil.

McCain said the 104 nuclear reactors currently operating around the country produce about 20 percent of the nation's annual electricity needs.

McCain calls for building 45 new nuclear reactors

I don't see anything wrong with nuclear power plants myself.

I all for both of them. We got to become self sufficient. I'm also for solar, wind, water and hydrogen. We can make it work if we'll just work toward the common good of the country.

Nuclear energy seawater desalination has a tremendous potential for the production of freshwater.

Nuclear Desalination

Low-Temperature Evaporation (LTE) desalination technology utilizing low-quality waste heat in the form of hot water (as low as 50 Celsius) or low-pressure steam from a nuclear power plant has been developed to produce high-purity water directly from seawater. Safety, reliability, viable economics, have already been demonstrated. BARC itself has recently commissioned a 50 tons per day low-temperature desalination plant.

Jogeephus":3vh784ww said:
I all for both of them. We got to become self sufficient. I'm also for solar, wind, water and hydrogen. We can make it work if we'll just work toward the common good of the country.

This has nothing to do with nuclear but a hydrogen powered Honda and solar engery. Why is it Japan can take technology and develop it and make it work. Where has all of the American know how gone to. Looks like all we can do is make a computer and software now. The link below is about the Honda car. Honda also is going into the mfg of solar panels. Maybe they will figure out how to make them more efficient and bring the cost down. Looks to me like solar panels on everyones house to help generate electricty would be the way to go. You would be putting it back on the grid that is already there and not need huge transmission lines across the country to get the electricity to the users. I think Lousiana has some sort of tax break for solar panels now.
http://www.gainesville.com/article/2008 ... 8&tc=yahoo

A friend of mine worked for a company that owned some incinerater generators. These things would burn stuff headed for the landfill and convert it to electricity They moved one to Florida after hurricane Andrew and were able to burn tires, carpet and anything else. Rather than having to pay a tipping fee at the landfill, they charged half that amount and people brought the debris to them and they burnt and sold the excess power on the grid. I don't know if they are still able to do this or not but it was clean and didn't produce any smoke. Seems like this was a good thing.

Lammie":piboh9fx said:
I don't see anything wrong with nuclear power plants myself.

Me too.

I really would like to respond to this thread but shouldn't because of conflict of interest.

Understood! :tiphat:

Yep we have to get in our own power business.
Should have years ago really....

Currently in Hawaii on vacation...and read the local paper which said that within the next few years all the Hawaiian islands will be producing 100% of their diesel fuel via algae farms.

Latest posts