Help Support CattleToday:

Guess nobody uses the .410 anymore. My first shotgun was a .410. Lost it back in '73 while snake shooting in the Ogeechee River when I flipped the boat in deep, swift water. Been a 12 gauge man since.

The only thing I use a .410 for anymore is shooting skunks in a trap.

dun

i love mine it is all i use when turkey hunnting, now cant say i am a super turkey hunter but everyone i have shot has been with a 410, light easy even with 3" mags, and i am less afraid of getting it dirty, always carry mine to the deer stand

I have a 20 ga pump. Shells a LOT cheaper than the .410. Also, 20 has more power and not much more kick (which is mild anyway). Keep buckshot in mine ready for a variety of varmits... Feel a 12 ga is just touch overkill unless you're on a SWAT team, or shooting other game with buckshot or slugs.

I have a Stevens 94c in 410 that i have had for 51 years.
Its a great little gun for small game. I use it quite often.

My daddy always had a single shot 410 he kept in the feed room for snakes. There is no telling how many rounds went thru that old gun and it only got cleaned about once a year.Z

Running Arrow Bill":2etcoz4n said:
I have a 20 ga pump. Shells a LOT cheaper than the .410. Also, 20 has more power and not much more kick (which is mild anyway). Keep buckshot in mine ready for a variety of varmits... Feel a 12 ga is just touch overkill unless you're on a SWAT team, or shooting other game with buckshot or slugs.

The link had 50 rounds of buckshot for 20 bucks that is pretty cheap. My little pump will put all five pellets in a paper plate at 40 steps and 4 out of 5 at 50 steps. Thats a mean varmit gun.

my first shotgun was a 410. that thing kicked hard for a 410. now i have a remington model 870 20 gauge pump. no kick at all. i still miss a 410 to shoot skunks, as dun does

My dad gave me a single shot 410 when I was 9 years old. After 49 years, I'm still killing snakes and varmits with it. My 8 year old grandson was started on it. Shells expensive; time with my grandson PRICELESS!

I have a Winchester 9410 Lever Action, is a excellent rifle, in Italy is buy for a good prize (650 $), the action is very speed and is a real pleasent to shoot. :D :D

Maybe behind the times CB, but I remember hearing to watch the cheap imported stuff for corrosives in the primer/powder.

May apply more to rifle, but just the same.

Never fired a .410 in my life, but guys used to say you could load a 30/30 in them??

ALX

..the lever action Winchester is a really wonderful rifle, also 30/30 load....

..but 410 cal. in a lever action is a ingeniuse idea.... :D :D

yep, I still got my first single shot 410. I dont think I will ever part with it.

Black Crow":1sgw1758 said:
I have a Winchester 9410 Lever Action, is a excellent rifle, in Italy is buy for a good prize (650 $), the action is very speed and is a real pleasent to shoot. :D :D

I wanted one of those when I first saw them. Love the look of the gun itself and I love my 410.
I just can't stomach the price, if you can even find the gun for sale.

The folks that have one will not come off them.

Latest posts