4 wheeler tires

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
spent the afternoon yesterday jerking the tires off the 4 wheeler.it wasnt to bad in the 30 degree temps.went an got 4 new pull off tires for $200 mounted.thats sure better than paying the new price.new they wouldve cost me $300.i priced a new 500 4x4 while i was there for $6800.the new 650 kawaskis are $8200.but they have differant rear ends so they are more for joy riding than working machines.

we are pretty rough on tires.an by that i mean they are run in thorns an rough ground.the rear tires lasted 10yrs.thr front tires lasted 5yrs on ea set.

I've got a 750 Brute Force that is set up for playing but will do anything dad's artic cat 650 "workhorse". It's got 6 ply tires on it and they have yet to go flat.

well i dont have any complaints on how long the tires last.an they pull real good in the mudd.

On my 2nd set of tires on my 02 foreman.Went 6ply second time and don't hardly look worn yet.
With all the mesquite around here gotta keep plenty slime in them

Cal

cowboy43":1sc8ikwx said:
What brand of sealant do you have the best luck with or do you think they all are about the same ?
I don;t know that brand name but it's pink/ When we got rid of our 2 old mules the tires were almost slick and had little pink spots showing all over them like freckles, a couple of them were slits an inch long.

we use green slime in the tires as well.but sooner or later they get so meny holes in them the slime wont help them.

I use the green slime in mine.Seems to do alright. I never pull a thorn out just let it wear off.
I think the tires I replaced had more wood in them than rubber. :lol:

Cal

just noticed this evening that they put an odd ball sized tire on the rear.so will have to call them in the am an see what the prob was.then waste gas to fix their screwup.

Latest posts