3pt chipper

Help Support CattleToday:

shaz

Reaction score
Anyone have a 3pt chipper?
I need to clear an old rock wall about 2000ft and it's mostly saplings with some dead ash and hedge. Probably need to handle 3 inch and lower. I'll turn the rest into firewood

We have been looking at them for a while now. Would be interested to learn about a good company.

Just tired of crappy companies that don't back the items they produce/sell.

I have a "never use under any circumstances list". Cost me thousands of $ to make it. Nothing last very long anymore.

Probably not the kind of grinder you are talking about but I had a guy years ago grind some (about 200) stumps with a 3pt grinder. It worked and he had a pretty big JD tractor but it shook the tractor so bad he was beat to death himself by the end of each day.

I used to have a woodland mills pto chipper and that thing was a beast. I put stuff 8-9" in diameter through it.

Chippers shock load quite a bit so they can be hard on drivelines and PTOs depending on how much you use it and what your feeding thru it.

I'd rather find a used tow behind chipped with its own power unit.
Something else that needs an oil change

Sometimes it is more cost effective to hire things done. With 2000 feet of saplings 3" and under someone with a chipper will make quick work of that and will dump you all the compost and mulch you want for free. Those chippers can be pretty high maintenance also along with the damage it might do to the tractor.

Here is a nice used 3 pt. chipper probably not far from you.

Titan BX42S Wood Chipper
$1,600
Listed 4 days ago in Caryville, TN listed on Marketplace.

Works good. Was used with 36 HP tractor. Can easily chip 4" material.

SHCAQnP.jpg

Last edited:
We had a liberty 3 pt chipper. Was rated for 6inch. Would easily take 3 and 4 inch and would just chop them up. We got lots of mulch out of it and didn't have any issues with tractor. The issue with the chipper is if you have lots of side branches. They don't feed well and it's alot of work to cut them off so it feeds. If they are smooth logs with no branches, branches all going same direction, or flimsy branches it eats them right up.

Latest posts