327 Chevy

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Has anyone ever driven, owned, or have any knowledge on the new 5.3 liter engine the chevy's are putting in their pick ups?

Cal

Dad's got one that's a few years old now with not a lot of miles on it. It keeps throwing a code (check engine light comes on) -took it back to the dealer about 3-4 times, they couldn't find the problem. Seems to be doing okay otherwise.

I've had one in a 02 chevy pickup. And now have one in a 03 Tahoe and a 00 Z71. They have all been real reliable.

Bullbuyer":2c5plvr0 said:
Dad's got one that's a few years old now with not a lot of miles on it. It keeps throwing a code (check engine light comes on) -took it back to the dealer about 3-4 times, they couldn't find the problem. Seems to be doing okay otherwise.
what code is it might be i can help if it has a code in memory

I,ve had 2, a 2000 and an '04 no seriuos problems but they don't have the power that the 5.7L had even though the salesman says they are rated higher.

Thank ya'll for the comments.Just bought
A 1999 Z71 4wd silverado LS short bed very low mileage, and also tow package. Mean to use to pull small travel trailer and hunting vehicle, plus everday runaround.

Cal

Latest posts