22 long rifle ammo

Help Support CattleToday:

One of them politicans was wanting background checks for ammo on the news yesterday. Said anyone could go to Wal Mart and buy a shopping cart full no questions asked. Reckon he ain't bought no bullets lately. Average folks would have to have a bank loan to pay for a shopping cart full.

dun":29lcx2ge said:
I've still got cases of Rem vipers, been using it for years. Never have had a dud. In most match chambers it shoots as good as the actual target stuff for accuracy.

My .22 savage ruger 10-22 henry 22 do not do well with remington.

skyhightree1":3m45ppez said:
dun":3m45ppez said:
I've still got cases of Rem vipers, been using it for years. Never have had a dud. In most match chambers it shoots as good as the actual target stuff for accuracy.

My .22 savage ruger 10-22 henry 22 do not do well with remington.
Differences in guns. I hav an old 10-22 that sucks them up like candy and shoots them pretty well too. Not like a match chamber but still pretty well. All I use it for is strays, skunks, coons and possums but it does a job on them.

dun does it make your gun overly dirty after running quite a few through it ? It turns my receiver grey on the semi's and starts making shells get halfway ejected.

Stopped by gander mountain today. No 22 long, 9, 40, or 45
Lots of 38 and 380 and other long gun rounds. No 223 or the like.

I was at a pretty good size local gun shop last week. No 22, 38, 9mm, 40, or 45. Maybe some 380 but not much. Teh whole pistol ammo shelve was darn near empty. No 223 ammo. The only thing they had plenty of was 30-06 and 300 Min mag. In fact hardly any ammo under 30 caliber. Just a few boxes of the rare stuff that people don't have guns for.

hooknline":y7paq77x said:
Stopped by gander mountain today. No 22 long, 9, 40, or 45
Lots of 38 and 380 and other long gun rounds. No 223 or the like.
Seems like 9, 380 and 38 are easy to find. See some 40 and 45. Not seeing much 223 or 7.62 x 39. 22 lr seems to be the hardest to find here, probably should have bought the Thunerbolt I saw yesterday, better than none at all.

skyhightree1":1xgkhhx1 said:
dun does it make your gun overly dirty after running quite a few through it ? It turns my receiver grey on the semi's and starts making shells get halfway ejected.
It rides full time on the mule and I only clean it when it doesn;t work. Haven;t cleaned it in 4-5 years. I don;t know about any of the other rem stuff. I only shoot winchester wildcats and the rem vipers. My S&W 22A didn;t like them at first but once it got broken in it just gobbles them up. Haven;t cleaned it in a couple of years either.

Gotcha... I typically don't clean my .22 I keep in my tractor/truck/combine/sprayer often but the others I do. I think its catching up with me I tried to shoot a ground hog and missed.

dun":28fgsynw said:
skyhightree1":28fgsynw said:
It rides full time on the mule and I only clean it when it doesn;t work. Haven;t cleaned it in 4-5 years. I don;t know about any of the other rem stuff. I only shoot winchester wildcats and the rem vipers. My S&W 22A didn;t like them at first but once it got broken in it just gobbles them up. Haven;t cleaned it in a couple of years either.

I have a great respect for the Henry's.
I have a 22 mag levergun that has dove and went swimming in the creek, been run over and all kinds of other abuse.
It is just like a Timex watch.

henry is a good rifle mine has maybe been shot 50 times looks new. considering the current 22lr bullet shortage it may not see 51 shots

skyhightree1":2w1adu2o said:
henry is a good rifle mine has maybe been shot 50 times looks new. considering the current 22lr bullet shortage it may not see 51 shots

There is no shortage here might be in the stores.
Whenever I buy a brick I take the boxes out and the wife vacuum seals them.
I only shoot CCI Stingers or the Aguila SuperMax both are great varmit round's.
I prefer toting one of my 22 mags, the wife has the 10-22 sitting by the front door

Caustic Burno":h35wldas said:
skyhightree1":h35wldas said:

There is no shortage here might be in the stores.
Whenever I buy a brick I take the boxes out and the wife vacuum seals them.
I only shoot CCI Stingers or the Aguila SuperMax both are great varmit round's.
I prefer toting one of my 22 mags, the wife has the 10-22 sitting by the front door

Nice.. I love the stingers. lol mine will not fool with a gun at all.. " City Girl "

The March SHooting Times has an interesting article on 22 RF chambers and ammo

tom4018":2bjjwsc9 said:
Ordered some of the Armscor to try, found some Remington Thunderbolt local but not had good luck with the other Remington. Talked to a guy today that said he had good luck with it, guess I will find out.

:( Got a email after I ordered it, backordered. Oh well. :(
Got a emial saying it shipped, out for delivery on todays's UPS truck. Maybe I got some ammo after all. Son loves shooting, maybe we can keep it up.