209 degree Heat Index.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

inbredredneck

Reaction score
I wonder what that feels like? I know a fella who lives thru it regularly. Tell us all what that is like RD SAM.

inbredredneck":35gcuftp said:
I wonder what that feels like? I know a fella who lives thru it regularly. Tell us all what that is like RD SAM.
You just go out there about sundown and slice you a steak off the steer. It should be somewhere between rare and medium rare. :lol2:

It feels like a sauna most days. You can cook in the parking lot on a hot day, the news folks have actually done it. :D

209 and I ain't even breakin' a sweat yet. Of course us Northerners are a little more rugged then you Southerners.

ohiosteve":2vndt32u said:
209 and I ain't even breakin' a sweat yet. Of course us Northerners are a little more rugged then you Southerners.
Last summer you'd have been a grease spot in my driveway before you made it to the gate. 8)

You're probably right. Just felt like being a smartazz since i broke through the ice about noon today over my rubber boots working on a big natural gas compressor that was froze up just got her up and running now gotta go turn on a dozen wells with wet feet then go home and feed the cows. 209 is sounding down right cozy right about now!

ohiosteve":3gddb57h said:
You're probably right. Just felt like being a smartazz since i broke through the ice about noon today over my rubber boots working on a big natural gas compressor that was froze up just got her up and running now gotta go turn on a dozen wells with wet feet then go home and feed the cows. 209 is sounding down right cozy right about now!
That's alright Steve, you'd have to use a shovel to scrape my frozen azz out of your yard before I made it to your gate.

I'm a sweaty mess just thinking about ol RD Sam and those 209's day after day, after day. Heck if I was him I couldn't haul live cattle in fast enough to keep up with the deads. Heck of a man that RD Sam.

I just got home and thought I'd leave y'all with my observation from raising free range chickens the past several years. Never read this or heard it from anyone else. If it is above 15 degrees F a chicken will stand on 2 legs. If it is below 15 degrees F a chicken will stand on 1 leg.

ohiosteve":3qchu56b said:
I just got home and thought I'd leave y'all with my observation from raising free range chickens the past several years. Never read this or heard it from anyone else. If it is above 15 degrees F a chicken will stand on 2 legs. If it is below 15 degrees F a chicken will stand on 1 leg.

One leg is frozen to the ground!

ohiosteve":156pca5a said:

see wild turkeys do that all the time. alternating legs trying to keep hem feet from freezing off. man makes a person grateful for shoes and socks dont it.

Buckaroo":4bhwasz4 said:
ohiosteve":4bhwasz4 said:

see wild turkeys do that all the time. alternating legs trying to keep hem feet from freezing off. man makes a person grateful for shoes and socks dont it.

The only time I see wild turkeys when it is that cold, is when I have the bottle right next to me to keep me warm.
:lol2: :lol2:

I'll be the first to tell you it gets hot down here in Georgia (never seen 209 though. Your the man Sam!) But I will take the hot any day of the week as long as I don't have to dig my way out in the winter!

thendrix":qe0sekb4 said:
I'll be the first to tell you it gets hot down here in Georgia (never seen 209 though. Your the man Sam!) But I will take the hot any day of the week as long as I don't have to dig my way out in the winter!
wish we had some hot right now..to he$# with winter

thendrix":2dg406jz said:

Amen to that!

ohiosteve":3ejgva7x said:
Don't envy you at all there Steve. Nothign like cold wet feet.

I kept reading the topic and thought someone made a typo error. Gives a new meaning to global warming enthusiasts....

ddg1263":23a4lf7e said:
I kept reading the topic and thought someone made a typo error. Gives a new meaning to global warming enthusiasts....
No it was no typo, it was a spinoff, from another post where a fella had no real idea what he or she was saying. They was more or less blabbering just to hear the noise the keys make when pressed down.

ohiosteve":3isrot2u said:

yeah i know how that goes. just like couple weeks ago had to fiz a water line crossing a creek for a older guy who couldnt do it. so dug it out wich is fun when its all river rock caving in and the water table is only 3 and half feet than stripped down to my underwear and rubber boots jumped in cut the line hurried and fixed and ran as fast as i could back tp pickup that was waiting with heater on so i could put my dry clothes coveralls boots all back on and shiver like you wouldnt belive till could get warmed back up. all while it was freezing cold and keep in mind we have to put water lines 6 foot deep. got to love poeple who just dont hook things up the right way to begin with. on the plus side though least you didnt feel the wind down there. Told my wife one day i am going to tell these poeple who call wanting stupid sh*% done when its thier own fault no. She just laughed and said no you will continue to go do it for them cause they cant do it themselves and gripe about it when you get home. :lol2: gotta give it to her least she is realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts