2018 Writeoff Toys

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":1c7xvujx said:
callmefence":1c7xvujx said:
I don't think your supposed to write of toys or Hobby's.

As long as you are doing schedule F and it has something to do with the operation you can write it off. Writing off a new rifle because you might shoot a coyote with it would be very questionable. Writing off a quad which may be used for non-farm purposes at times would be no problem.

I am writing off my new Mossberg 500 shotgun under pest control.

Built a 60x120 tobacco barn, put a shed on back of shop to park deere 6500 in. Bought couple old tractors at grandmothers estate sell.

Aaron":t9x9vppu said:
Dave":t9x9vppu said:
callmefence":t9x9vppu said:

As long as you are doing schedule F and it has something to do with the operation you can write it off. Writing off a new rifle because you might shoot a coyote with it would be very questionable. Writing off a quad which may be used for non-farm purposes at times would be no problem.

I guess I tie a bag to my new custom fishing rod. Sort a few head and write that sucker off.

True Grit Farms":1y2wo6tr said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1y2wo6tr said:
slick4591":1y2wo6tr said:
The wife spent all the toy money on her kitchen.

Her kitchen?
Isn't that where they belong? Well there and barefoot and pregnant.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I fully expected someone to say that as I scrolled down. Never disappoints, this place.

Dave":3q0c33tx said:
callmefence":3q0c33tx said:

My wife calls it my "wobby" as all it amounts to is more work. Yes, the goal is to eventually make a little money, but it's a capital intensive venture trying to build and do upkeep! One of my best moves was to find a good CPA who understands farming.

Aaron":10fle43b said:
Dave":10fle43b said:
callmefence":10fle43b said:

I like that angle might have to start looking for another Model 12.

Beefeater":tndf0g72 said:
Dave":tndf0g72 said:
callmefence":tndf0g72 said:

My wife calls it my "wobby" as all it amounts to is more work. Yes, the goal is to eventually make a little money, but it's a capital intensive venture trying to build and do upkeep! One of my best moves was to find a good CPA who understands farming.

I can't see how anyone can afford to farm without one.

I bought a new float valve. I snuck it in before 2019.
Going to write that 9.00 off !

Caustic Burno":2z7avlo7 said:
Aaron":2z7avlo7 said:
Dave":2z7avlo7 said:

I like that angle might have to start looking for another Model 12.

Question how far out will 00 buckshot kill a feral hog.

I have dropped them in their tracks at 50 yards. You have to make sure your aiming at the rib cage.
Hit one in the shoulders will just roll him, that shield is just that. A shield!