2015 Ford

Help Support CattleToday:

They been making aircraft fuselages out of aluminum for decades and decades, and I've seen some pretty rough takeoff and landings in my time without much problems as well as rough turbulence induced twisting. The last USN ship I was on was an all aluminum hull destroyer.

P.jpg

Land Rovers have had aluminum bodies for as long as I can remember and they hold up (the bodies that is) the rest of the vehicle should never travel too far from a mechanic.

The steel is so thin on everything else. Don't think it would matter much. Hit a mocking bird in your Chevy and your hood is dented.

Look at an old aluminum cattle trailer and see how well the skin of those holds up. That should answer your questions. Now the welds on some of them, well thats a different story.

greybeard":2ou2syv6 said:
They been making aircraft fuselages out of aluminum for decades and decades, and I've seen some pretty rough takeoff and landings in my time without much problems as well as rough turbulence induced twisting. The last USN ship I was on was an all aluminum hull destroyer.

P.jpg

Bet that was a real "pukeatorium". :yuck: :lol: :lol:

With this liquid salt crap the spray on the roads I think that aluminum bodies are a good idea. Now if they could do something about the frames and brake lines.

I have been burned before by car manufactors and their so called "improvements". Wait a couple of years then we will know. I had a beautiful 83 ford truck with the great new and improved variable venturri carb....Need I say more!!!!! I did not buy another Ford product until 2009

TexasBred":1ky4av5a said:
You'ld be surprised. It's like riding a bronc, you're too busy holding on. But it just goes on what seems like forever.

dun":3e3vdmx8 said:
TexasBred":3e3vdmx8 said:
You'ld be surprised. It's like riding a bronc, you're too busy holding on. But it just goes on what seems like forever.
Old navy man told me his plate went sliding down the table.......then it came sliding back but when it came back it was full of puke. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":t31ykk66 said:
dun":t31ykk66 said:
TexasBred":t31ykk66 said:
Old navy man told me his plate went sliding down the table.......then it came sliding back but when it came back it was full of puke. :lol2: :lol2:
Double portion, not a bad deal. In typoons and hurricaines carriers are the worst, they just slowly roll and wallow. Tin cans, light cruisers and tenders are much faster and you really have to hang on. Missed the opportunity to ride out a typhoon on one of the old round bottomed LSTs, don;t think I missed much

dun":sf9rykik said:
[
Double portion, not a bad deal. In typoons and hurricaines carriers are the worst, they just slowly roll and wallow. Tin cans, light cruisers and tenders are much faster and you really have to hang on. Missed the opportunity to ride out a typhoon on one of the old round bottomed LSTs, don;t think I missed much

Round bottom crab boats are a lot of fun even in decent weather. Actually I think they are worse when there are just the slow rollers. Bad weather you are too busy hanging on to get sick.

The aluminum bodiea have been in the commercial fleets for a couple of years. Thats how they tested them. Nobody knew but ford and you cant tell a difference. Im not sayin you should buy it though. It is a ford after all.

Craig Miller said:
The aluminum bodiea have been in the commercial fleets for a couple of years. Thats how they tested them. Nobody knew but ford and you cant tell a difference. Im not sayin you should buy it though. It is a ford after all.[/quote

I didn't put a Chevy Silverado in the garage.

Caustic Burno":ov29aaxh said:
Craig Miller":ov29aaxh said:
The aluminum bodiea have been in the commercial fleets for a couple of years. Thats how they tested them. Nobody knew but ford and you cant tell a difference. Im not sayin you should buy it though. It is a ford after all.[/quote

There's a couple of "Gotta Mechanic Coming" in the drive way and the Ford 1 ton with the 6.Uh Oh.

backhoeboogie":68aph2en said:
Caustic Burno":68aph2en said:
Craig Miller":68aph2en said:

There's a couple of "Gotta Mechanic Coming" in the drive way and the Ford 1 ton with the 6.Uh Oh.

They all got their problems. Lets see a picture of it Caustic

Talking to an adjuster the other day on the phone. Claims for aluminum body cars are higher. He claims once damaged, it is real hard to work with.

Latest posts