Ford

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Any one invested in Ford stock. I am and planning to buy more on any price below $8.75. I know this is the place to come for investment advice. A lot of it was bought in 2009 for around $3.00 never sold on the high but was buying for dividend growth.

That dividend is safe for now but earnings are trending down. May want to look at the balance sheet and see how you feel about the debt. If you're looking for yield you may want to look at CSCO or AT&T.

I really feel like Ford's next earnings release won't please anyone.

hurleyjd said:
Any one invested in Ford stock. I am and planning to buy more on any price below $8.75. I know this is the place to come for investment advice. A lot of it was bought in 2009 for around $3.00 never sold on the high but was buying for dividend growth.

I got plenty of ford stock parked in my yard :cowboy:

shaz said:
That dividend is safe for now but earnings are trending down. May want to look at the balance sheet and see how you feel about the debt. If you're looking for yield you may want to look at CSCO or AT&T.

I really feel like Ford's next earnings release won't please anyone.

I do own at&t was burnt to many times on CSCO in the past when Chambers was the CEO. Lots on money was earned by CSCO but was kept for the employees and administration. No thanks. If Ford sells or gets rid of the electric scooter business in California the profit sheet will look better. I thought that was a bad idea from day one. Did that scooter company belong to some of the board of directors and Hacketts friends that was the question in my mind. Plus Ford is getting rid of a lot of the money losing operations around the world. Concentrating on where the profit comes from which is North America. Why have a focus, a fusion, and a Fiesta when all are priced essentially the same and MPH about the same. Need to keep the fusion and drop the other two. Sedans will make a comeback. Hard for me and the wife to stoop down and get into a sedan and equally as hard climb up into an SUV. Can at least fall into a sedan but cannot fall up into an SUV.

Let me add the the entire automotive sector is down and that is affecting Ford's earnings as well as all the factors you mentioned. If you're just looking for safe yield is not that bad of a bet but there's no growth that I see for a long time.
Just my 2 scents.

shaz said:
Let me add the the entire automotive sector is down and that is affecting Ford's earnings as well as all the factors you mentioned. If you're just looking for safe yield is not that bad of a bet but there's no growth that I see for a long time.
Just my 2 scents.

Single company stock is equivalent to shooting dice.

Caustic Burno said:
shaz said:
Just my 2 scents.

Only if you put all your eggs in that one basket.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Caustic Burno said:
shaz said:
Just my 2 scents.

Only if you put all your eggs in that one basket.
I am sure buying livestock to background is not much different than buying stock traded on wall street. Would depend on which breed steers or heifers and on stock maybe the quality of the stock that is hard for me to determine. Each and everyone goes up or down or sideways. Try to make an education guess and hope you are right.

Yeah, but with cows you don't have to worry about the boys in the board room. Unfortunately beef demand has been trending down since the late 70's.

Caustic Burno said:
shaz said:
Just my 2 scents.

Looking back I can see some areas where a 1 stock portfolio would have worked. Walmart bought at its IPO and Amazon to name two. $10,000 in Walmart would be worth around $11 million now.

Caustic Burno" [/quote said:

Depends on how you pick um CB.

I refuse to all allow some stockbroker to "steal" from me!
I'm sitting on a nice group of self picked stocks that pay a dividend that covers my retirement well.
I will admit to my biggest mistake...Sold MSFT at 27

Latest posts