2013 Winter Garden

Help Support CattleToday:

That looks good. Our soil is still a little wet but hopefully I will have mine going shortly. Will also have to eliminate a couple of deer that have become a problem in the garden.

Jogeephus":yfwh8cl6 said:
That looks good. Our soil is still a little wet but hopefully I will have mine going shortly. Will also have to eliminate a couple of deer that have become a problem in the garden.

Thanks. I have had over a dozen people ask me how my stuff stays so green and what do I do to achieve it and I won't tell them I just say I guess I have a green thump lol but thats not the complete truth lol The deer don't mess with my stuff as this garden is on the side of my house lol Eliminate deer and fill the freezer sounds like a awesome plan to me. If you move up to close to me you don't have to worry about planting a garden I gotcha covered ;-)

skyhightree1":3v60cczf said:
If you move up to close to me you don't have to worry about planting a garden I gotcha covered

Where would the fun be in that? I really don't need to plant a garden cause I already have so much put up but I just like growing it and I think I can always make room for food.

Jogeephus":3hy48vtc said:
skyhightree1":3hy48vtc said:
If you move up to close to me you don't have to worry about planting a garden I gotcha covered

Where would the fun be in that? I really don't need to plant a garden cause I already have so much put up but I just like growing it and I think I can always make room for food.

LOL sorry Jo I was looking out for my stomach... I was hoping if you were closer you would get veggies and I would get some of that good food you make lol

Jogeephus":3wa5bbzm said:
My peas are trying to come up. I may have to resort to a new spray program though.

You talking about and intermittent spray of lead pellets from time to time?

I planted zipper peas but if the deer have their way I won't be picking any. Be proud its a deer season is some time away yet but the idea that a deer would go and step on a defenseless juvenile pea plant is reprehensible and should not go unpunished.

That's looking great. Do you have white flies? I'm having lots of trouble with them. It needs to cool down.

no only thing im having problems with is no rain lol alot of my turnips ddidnt come up i think birds ate them or something. its chilly here it will be 43 here tonight. thank god for the cold weather thats here now.

Those look about like mine does. If the rain doesn't pick up and warmer weather hold on a lot longer mine want make much were I live.

Mine will be fine unless it snows if I can get a good rain every couple of weeks they will be baseball sized lol I am not sure but I think the fertilizer I have been using is the key.

LOL the beets are at the other end and can't see in the pic I think 16 oz of turnips was over kill lol Thanks I can't wait to eat it. I gotta pick the rest before it flowers in this warm weather we are getting.