2013 Winter Garden

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":1mtjgp5r said:
I am prepping the winter garden got the cattle a lil snack to give them I may plant some squash collards and broccoli now and some later in august along with cabbage squash turnips lettuce

Just ran into this thread - very nice - far nicer than the obama family garden - bet you do not hire out all the work either!

My best

Bez

That heavy frost has turned the tips purple on some of my stuff but still growing well and looking pretty good.

Turnips

Collards

well I got a pleasant surprise when I started plowing my garden. Kids quickly ran and snatched these up. I told them their carrots didnt grow. Its funny it didnt have much of a top on them but the root grew well. this was the first batch they got they followed me on the tractor and in total got maybe about 50 of them.

There's no such thing as "winter gardens" here. Yesterday, I got all of last year's tomato plants pulled out of the raised beds. But it will be mid-May before plants go back in.

Kathie in Thorp":2v2sx9lv said:
There's no such thing as "winter gardens" here. Yesterday, I got all of last year's tomato plants pulled out of the raised beds. But it will be mid-May before plants go back in.

wow... most of the time I plant my 2nd set of beans and peas about june/july

skyhightree1":3lz01j0b said:
Kathie in Thorp":3lz01j0b said:

wow... most of the time I plant my 2nd set of beans and peas about june/july

Wow, feel lucky Sky!!!

Latest posts