20 Years Ago this Sunday in Oklahoma City...............

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":1t9x8ju7 said:
You are right, I was wondering if it was a daycare run by the federal government similar to the bit 60 Minutes ran on the special perks federal employees enjoy some years ago. It would have fit the time line. And yes, I do find it objectionable for federal employees to be treated differently than the citizens.

Jo, many private employers subsidize day care, and not out of sentimentality. They've run the numbers and found that it increases worker productivity and decreases employee absenteeism.

Heck, those Silicon Valley companies do everything they can to make it so the employees almost never need to leave. Restaurants, gyms, dry-cleaners on site...often subsidized or comped. That way employees can work around the clock...

backhoeboogie":3frrxtb6 said:
Jogeephus":3frrxtb6 said:
You are right, I was wondering if it was a daycare run by the federal government similar to the bit 60 Minutes ran on the special perks federal employees enjoy some years ago. It would have fit the time line. And yes, I do find it objectionable for federal employees to be treated differently than the citizens.

Children died in the Koresh incident. For no reason. Locals said over and over they could have taken him. Easily. Government wanted to wage war. Children were the victims. Innocent. Suffered because of their parents religious beliefs. No court. No jury.
Those that wanted out, walked out early during negotiations. The Branch Davidians set the compound on fire themselves and ended their lives on David Koresh's order.

boondocks":1nsy5q08 said:
Jogeephus":1nsy5q08 said:

Jo, many private employers subsidize day care, and not out of sentimentality. They've run the numbers and found that it increases worker productivity and decreases employee absenteeism.

Heck, those Silicon Valley companies do everything they can to make it so the employees almost never need to leave. Restaurants, gyms, dry-cleaners on site...often subsidized or comped. That way employees can work around the clock...

Surely you are not suggesting that the government is the same as a company. That aside, the government, right or wrong does have many perks for their employees. Much more than any private industry that I know of. Jay Leno said it best when he said the congressional barbershop that ran on a $350,000 deficit was the most efficient run government program in history.

It still strikes me odd that a daycare center was in a federal building. I've never seen a private business inside a federal building. Heck, last time I was in Washington I needed to use the restroom and I went in a federal building and was told to leave because it was private property and I wasn't welcome. When did WE THE PEOPLE become US and THEM. Maybe its just me but I have a problem with that.

I also think its a wrong to think the Oklahoma City bombing was the result of a single lunatic. Its far more complicated than that and if one cannot ask questions and use this bit of history to learn and improve things then all of these deaths - in every event listed - is in vain and we will be doomed to repeat it. Also, if you think I have no sorrow for all these people who died needlessly then your wood is wet.

TexasBred":3qaz32uo said:
backhoeboogie":3qaz32uo said:
Jogeephus":3qaz32uo said:

Children died in the Koresh incident. For no reason. Locals said over and over they could have taken him. Easily. Government wanted to wage war. Children were the victims. Innocent. Suffered because of their parents religious beliefs. No court. No jury.
Those that wanted out, walked out early during negotiations. The Branch Davidians set the compound on fire themselves and ended their lives on David Koresh's order.

This has already been debated. Extensively. Just pointing out that babies, toddlers and children died. It was not their choice.