20 trillion in debt

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954":128k616e said:
Farm Fence Solutions":128k616e said:
BK9954":128k616e said:
You need "everything" self sufficient, from water, food.. energy and all. If you have that and your land is paid for you may be okay, if not you might be in the mob or in a FEMA camp

As long as we pay property taxes, our land will never be paid for.
That's why you should have a healthy supply of gold and silver. TB frowned on this in another thread on this topic but gold and silver should keep up with the inflation comparably and help pay property taxes, depending on how much you have. Maybe livestock prices will adjust to the dollar value.
Do you really think that if the economy has a shutdown or a slowdown any one would want your gold or silver. You might be just as well off raising chickens that are as sustainable as any other livestock out there. You could sell eggs and fryers that can be eat with out any refrigeration required. Chickens could pretty well fend for themselves.

Has there ever been a single time in history other people DIDN'T lust after, want, covet, and/or try to steal all the gold and silver they could?
Certainly not right now.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45028732
February 2003 - Robbers steal jewels, then worth €100m (now $117m; £89m), from the Antwerp Diamond Centre in Belgium

February 2005 - An armed gang disguised as airport workers hijack a lorry carrying €75m ($88m; £67m) of diamonds and other jewels at Amsterdam airport

December 2008 - A group of men steal over €85m ($99m; £76m) of watches and jewels in two Paris heists - one in 2007 and the other a year later

August 2009 - Armed men take jewellery worth £40m ($61m; €45m) in a raid on the Graff Diamonds shop in central London

July 2013 - An armed man takes jewels worth about €40m ($47m; £36m) from a hotel jewellery exhibition in the French Riviera resort of Cannes

April 2015 - A group of men - mostly in their 60s and 70s - drill into a safety deposit vault in London's Hatton Garden, taking £13.7m ($18m;€15.4m) in gold, cash and gems

Nesikep":4o1iuz1w said:
Boat.. break out another thousand? A hole in the water you pour money into?

I sold one yesterday for a 141% ROI. That beats any of my cows so far this year. :nod:

I heard somebody talking yesterday about how somebody stole his boat and motor out from under his carport while he was in the house.

hurleyjd":2ekytsr3 said:
BK9954":2ekytsr3 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2ekytsr3 said:
As long as we pay property taxes, our land will never be paid for.
That's why you should have a healthy supply of gold and silver. TB frowned on this in another thread on this topic but gold and silver should keep up with the inflation comparably and help pay property taxes, depending on how much you have. Maybe livestock prices will adjust to the dollar value.
Do you really think that if the economy has a shutdown or a slowdown any one would want your gold or silver. You might be just as well off raising chickens that are as sustainable as any other livestock out there. You could sell eggs and fryers that can be eat with out any refrigeration required. Chickens could pretty well fend for themselves.
Would anyone want your gold/silver if economy shutdown?
YES!

True Grit Farms":1cpq2mer said:
BrangusUSA":1cpq2mer said:
:?: True Grit can you elaborate on the above statement please?

What part? The subsidies, cost share, low interest loans, beginning farmer loans, EQIP, WHIP, CSP, CRP it's all welfare and food stamps under different names and titles.

top guy in my county from 1995 - 2016 received:

$ 2,289,032.75

next was 1.5 million.

Ryder":2jg0d82g said:
hurleyjd":2jg0d82g said:
BK9954":2jg0d82g said:
YES!

If the economy goes down a box of 22 LR will be more valuable.
Demand creates value.
Why do people have so much trouble with gold gains no value and pays nothing back. It is a hedge against inflation of a piece of paper only.

ddd75":3haxn6un said:
True Grit Farms":3haxn6un said:
BrangusUSA":3haxn6un said:
:?: True Grit can you elaborate on the above statement please?

What part? The subsidies, cost share, low interest loans, beginning farmer loans, EQIP, WHIP, CSP, CRP it's all welfare and food stamps under different names and titles.

top guy in my county from 1995 - 2016 received:

$ 2,289,032.75

next was 1.5 million.
The Mccrainie brothers received over $6M in farm subsidies during that time frame. You also need to remember that cost share and other government programs are not included in the farm subsidies reports.

Caustic Burno":10xudoz1 said:
Ryder":10xudoz1 said:
hurleyjd":10xudoz1 said:
YES!

Demand creates value.
Why do people have so much trouble with gold gains no value and pays nothing back. It is a hedge against inflation of a piece of paper only.
That's what I'm counting on. Stock up and during the next ammo scare you can sell half of what you have for 2 or 3 times the money.

Caustic Burno":ml7338fh said:
Ryder":ml7338fh said:
hurleyjd":ml7338fh said:
YES!

Demand creates value.
You sell and you're gonna get paid with a piece of paper. :nod: :nod:

I have some .22lr and after a good while now they have not paid me one cent in dividends.
They may(?) go up and down in value just like land, cattle, gold- but they are not paying anything.
Haven't even found a market or exchange that I can trade them on.
Except for private treaty deals they are pretty insolvent.

Ryder":2a45d4rp said:
I have some .22lr and after a good while now they have not paid me one cent in dividends.
They may(?) go up and down in value just like land, cattle, gold- but they are not paying anything.
Haven't even found a market or exchange that I can trade them on.
Except for private treaty deals they are pretty insolvent.

Like all currency, they do best if you put em to work. Go shoot sumthin, skin it, cook it and eat it.
cha ching cha ching cha ching..

Son of Butch":35z1j9wl said:
Invest in Silver bullets, at least you'll be protected from werewolves.
Good advice, but bear in mind it takes 3, sometimes 5 rounds of silver bullets to bring down a fully mature werewolf. Plan accordingly, and don't come up short on your storehouse of silver bullets.

ga.prime":24n3dasr said:
Son of Butch":24n3dasr said:
Invest in Silver bullets, at least you'll be protected from werewolves.
Good advice, but bear in mind it takes 3, sometimes 5 rounds of silver bullets to bring down a fully mature werewolf. Plan accordingly, and don't come up short on your storehouse of silver bullets.

Buckshot!

Latest posts