20 trillion in debt

Help Support CattleToday:

zirlottkim":2ovlqvy2 said:
Bright Raven":2ovlqvy2 said:
zirlottkim":2ovlqvy2 said:
Isn't that the exact attitude that brought about the financial mess the country is in at present? Someone sure needs to buck the current.

Not going to happen. The Government giveth, but never taketh away.

But you already said that!!! So why are we having this discussion?
Maybe for nothing else than to get people to think a little bit. Critical thinking seems to be lacking by today's populace. Im reminded of this quote. "It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Cheers for the tireless minority. Going to take more than a brushfire to change the course we are on. Might be better to just enjoy the ride.

Bright Raven":12azjgve said:
zirlottkim":12azjgve said:
Bright Raven":12azjgve said:

Maybe for nothing else than to get people to think a little bit. Critical thinking seems to be lacking by today's populace. Im reminded of this quote. "It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Cheers for the tireless minority. Going to take more than a brushfire to change the course we are on. Might be better to just enjoy the ride.
The irate minority is on the other side of the spectrum this time. They are changing it farther and quickly in the opposite direction then our founding fathers. Don't enjoy the ride, prepare yourself for the crash and buy life preservers cause we are all going down with the ship.

Bright Raven":fimon522 said:
zirlottkim":fimon522 said:
Bright Raven":fimon522 said:

That's a real half azz way to look at things. You can make a difference if you try...well maybe not. He was a liberal and a pos but I appreciated his quotes.

And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you -- ask what you can do for your country.
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. JFK

To prepare myself to be in the best position when hyperinflation sets in, I spend every dollar I make. Cash will be worthless. Boats are where it's at.

Farm Fence Solutions":rpdfrx2p said:
To prepare myself to be in the best position when hyperinflation sets in, I spend every dollar I make. Cash will be worthless. Boats are where it's at.
Agreed, except on the boats part... We try and set ourselves up to be able to produce, because anything produced will follow inflation.. wages not so much! That's why we have a fleet of good, older tractors that we can fix ourselves if need be, we have cultivators, seeders, etc

Farm Fence Solutions":3l58z1pv said:
You may need a mast and some canvas to sail the boats. Gas and diesel may get expensive real quick with hyperinflation.

zirlottkim":a77ujzg6 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":a77ujzg6 said:
You may need a mast and some canvas to sail the boats. Gas and diesel may get expensive real quick with hyperinflation.
You need "everything" self sufficient, from water, food.. energy and all. If you have that and your land is paid for you may be okay, if not you might be in the mob or in a FEMA camp

The old definition of a boat is still pretty accurate. A hole in the water into which you throw money. Then there is the old saw that the happiest 2 days for a boat owner is the day he gets it and the day he gets rid of it.

dun":f79ibm6k said:
The old definition of a boat is still pretty accurate. A hole in the water into which you throw money. Then there is the old saw that the happiest 2 days for a boat owner is the day he gets it and the day he gets rid of it.

I like boats, so I don't look at them like that. I build aluminum boats from scratch when we get weathered out, and get paid to do it, and we have flipped a few for a little profit to finance our fun. We do a fair bit of work near where we keep our big boat....about 250 miles from home.....so we end up spending about 25% of our nights on a boat, and it's a 100% write off. We are in Florida right now half azz shopping for a hurricane damaged slow boat to take up the Tenn Tom to refit close to home and then take back to FL so we will have an affordable place to stay when we start to tap that fence market. There are plenty of people that think owning a boat will be all sunshine and strippers, and when reality sets in, boating is no longer a romantic idea. We actually enjoy the work part.

BK9954":21087tb4 said:
zirlottkim":21087tb4 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":21087tb4 said:
You need "everything" self sufficient, from water, food.. energy and all. If you have that and your land is paid for you may be okay, if not you might be in the mob or in a FEMA camp

As long as we pay property taxes, our land will never be paid for.

Farm Fence Solutions":2qvw4uj9 said:
BK9954":2qvw4uj9 said:
zirlottkim":2qvw4uj9 said:

We don't own land we rent it from the government.
If you don't believe that stop paying those property taxes and watch your butt get evicted.

I hate to say this, but I don't believe we can pull this plain up enough to keep us from crashing. You have 2 pulling up and one pushing down. Just doesn't work... We cannot agree on anything (in Congress), and it sure just feels like a money grab to those in charge. Hate to sound so negative, but with China holding the future in so many things, it's gonna get real bad before it can get better. God Bless! Hope I'm wrong.

BK9954":2395cb0m said:
zirlottkim":2395cb0m said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2395cb0m said:
Every country in the developed world is using and pushing fiat currency. The world is so financially intertwined that when one of the major country's currency fails, the rest of the world will probably follow. Try to go a day without using foreign products . From engine and tractor parts to tools, clothes and canned food, we are totally dependent on foreign products. I'm not sure how to be prepared for that. Sure you can store up enough good to last you and your family a lifetime, but how do you protect it from being stolen? I'm not talking about a mob either. I'm talking about law. A Vietnamese friend that lived and escaped communist reign there told me stories of hiding while eating decent food. If they ate it in public, they were raided by law. In Venezuela, it's illegal to "hoard" food. How quickly could/would laws change here if/when hyperinflation made everyday essential products unavailable? May never happen but to believe it can't is naive.

dun":3qhhb7hw said:
BOAT= Bust Out Another Thousand. Boats and women are a very much alike. Both very High Maintenance but you cant live without them.

Farm Fence Solutions":3vezfu4w said:
BK9954":3vezfu4w said:
zirlottkim":3vezfu4w said:

That's why you should have a healthy supply of gold and silver. TB frowned on this in another thread on this topic but gold and silver should keep up with the inflation comparably and help pay property taxes, depending on how much you have. Maybe livestock prices will adjust to the dollar value.

While I do agree that having gold is a good thing, it can be confiscated as well (it's happened before!).. Silver may be a better bet to hedge against that.

We have quite a bit of silver(by my standards) and not much gold. It's easy to buy a few ounces of silver....not so easy to buy ounces of gold. I got in the habit of buying a little silver every time we finish a job and get paid. Hopefully it'll be worth something one day.
I've been buying from SD Bullion online. Any of you have a better source?

Farm Fence Solutions":32e34m5e said:
We have quite a bit of silver(by my standards) and not much gold. It's easy to buy a few ounces of silver....not so easy to buy ounces of gold. I got in the habit of buying a little silver every time we finish a job and get paid. Hopefully it'll be worth something one day.
I've been buying from SD Bullion online. Any of you have a better source?
I like APMEX, they are pretty consistent, take credit cards too. They will buy back whatever they sell you as well, so if there is inflation or a good rise in gold prices you have a place to sell instead of a pawn shop or private market.

Anyone ever dealt with Lear Capital? Heard them advertised on Rush Limbaugh. Got a prospectus in the mail and am considering it. They will also buy back; question is what would you use for the "money" if the dollar goes to he// ? I am a big believer in silver also since it is used in so many industrial applications. It is fairly cheap now, less than $20. I remember when it hit nearly $50 a few years ago. Have only ever invested in actual silver like pre 1964 quarters but am looking to do something while the market is so high and get some of my retirement money into something more safe and sensible than the stock market. Lost too much in 2008 and I am getting too close to retirement now.

farmerjan":2juokmyr said:
Anyone ever dealt with Lear Capital? Heard them advertised on Rush Limbaugh. Got a prospectus in the mail and am considering it. They will also buy back; question is what would you use for the "money" if the dollar goes to he// ? I am a big believer in silver also since it is used in so many industrial applications. It is fairly cheap now, less than $20. I remember when it hit nearly $50 a few years ago. Have only ever invested in actual silver like pre 1964 quarters but am looking to do something while the market is so high and get some of my retirement money into something more safe and sensible than the stock market. Lost too much in 2008 and I am getting too close to retirement now.
You would use hyper inflated dollars or possibly have it paid back in euros or another currency if they are stable. The only good thing about getting hyper inflated dollars back is I could pay off my mortgage with worthless dollars.

Latest posts