17 gauge wire

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes, I have used it and it works fine. Be sure to get the wire that is specifically for electric fencing and you won't have any rust problems.

Hawk":jikcruu9 said:
Yes, I have used it and it works fine. Be sure to get the wire that is specifically for electric fencing and you won't have any rust problems.
On short runs it is fine, with long runs you will loose power.

novatech":2z5ixl1n said:
Hawk":2z5ixl1n said:
On short runs it is fine, with long runs you will loose power.
There are also visibility and strength issues

that kind of what I thought but being my first time to install an electric fence just making sure. I have to enclose about 3/4 of a rectangle pasture that is 28 acres in size. About 250 yds. is down the side of a driveway then the rest has to be 6 ft. inside the existing barbed wire fence so the owner can cut and make it look good :roll: I'm just putting one strand the entire way.

tncattle":1tui8xeo said:
that kind of what I thought but being my first time to install an electric fence just making sure. I have to enclose about 3/4 of a rectangle pasture that is 28 acres in size. About 250 yds. is down the side of a driveway then the rest has to be 6 ft. inside the existing barbed wire fence so the owner can cut and make it look good :roll: I'm just putting one strand the entire way.
Use 12 1/2 gauge and be done with it. Doing it right the first time is alwasy the better way.

Latest posts