$1200 check from the govt?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidney411

Reaction score
Have ya'll heard about this supposedly $1200 check (for a married couple, $600 for single + $300 per child) we're supposed to be getting somewhere about June? I'd be happy to see the money but somehow I don't think that it is going to stop a recession. What do you think?

sidney411":2z8nly9e said:
Have ya'll heard about this supposedly $1200 check (for a married couple, $600 for single + $300 per child) we're supposed to be getting somewhere about June? I'd be happy to see the money but somehow I don't think that it is going to stop a recession. What do you think?

Its an election year what do you expect. most of it will just buy more crack.
This amount will be spent on mainly stuff thats imported from China isn't going to help one bit.
Buying items like cars,homes,building roads,schools,power plants etc. help the economy.

We can throw it away on another 2 and half tons or so of fertilizer. :lol:

If it's like it was the last time, you get the check now but it is considered as income and must be reported on year 2008 income taxes.

backhoeboogie":em3zkhk7 said:
We can throw it away on another 2 and half tons or so of fertilizer. :lol:

Wow hadn't thought of that. Heck that will almost get one hay field.
But what do you buy the diesel with to bale it.

i really dont think you can stop a recession or a slump in the econemy.an i sure dont think the gov sending those checks out will help things.the thing todo is stay tough till things get better.

Fertilizer?
$600/$13 per case = 46.15 cases of beer. (18 bottles/case) So, I invite 46.15 friends over and when nature calls, I direct them toward the hay field. That probably qualifies as organic. Certainly natural.

I'm holding a property tax refund check from the state of confusion (Indiana). $165.41 rebate on my property taxes that I paid 4 mos ago. Weird. I'll sure cash the check but I'm still unhappy with the politicians that sent it to me.

I'm always afraid to cash those windfall checks. I keep think a year later I'll get a letter that say, "Oops, our mistake...give it back...or else..."

Alice

Alice":3nj15fih said:
I'm always afraid to cash those windfall checks. I keep thinking a year later I'll get a letter that say, "Oops, our mistake...give it back...or else..."

Alice

There ain't no free lunch. This will have to be paid for by the folks that pay taxes. The bottom feeders are laughing there heads off about this.

I believe that talks of a recession is what brings the recession on.

gerardplauche":7ovs4yau said:

I believe what's bringing this recession on is all the people moving to the country to build a $300,000 house when they can only afford a $100,000 house. People have been robbing Peter to pay Paul and living off of credit cards. Now, the finance companies have billions upon billions of defaulted credit lines and nothing to show. I wish they would push over all those $300,000 houses and turn the land back into farmland. That would help the economy, but I know it ain't gonna happen. Now, we're gonna try to make ethanol to power the country and lower fuel prices to help the economy. I don't see how it's going to help the economy when your fuel source (ethanol) will be (already is) driving up the cost of your food.

We are paying off all of our loans. Getting out from under one this year and hopefully the last one in about 3 years.
If we get this money, which we doubt, we are going to put it in future payments.

Talked to guy a week ago and he said alot of farmers are not buying anything because quite a few said this is the first time they didn't owe the bank.

Too true dyates too true.

gerardplauche":3fg7qyvx said:

I agree with you if this only applies to the non production non manufacturing segments of the economy but I disagree with you when if you include these segments of our economy. Being dependent on commodity sales and lumber sales to make a living, I noticed my net income began decreasing three years ago. I think this area has been in a recession for the last three years but we have been told the economy was good. This false sense of security has led many to continue buying and borrowing like tommorrow's money is guaranteed. Many talked about how good the cattle market has been with record prices being paid for cattle. Well if you also consider we were also paying record prices for fertilizer, fuel, seed and equipment were these prices really that good or was it that the dollar was beginning to slip? On top of this, the cost of gov't regulation has put a strangle-hold on many areas of our economy which leads many to wonder if it is worth investing in new ventures in this country.

Folks in Washington seem to have forgotton that it is mining, forestry, manufacturing, energy and agriculture that has made this country strong. If they run these people out of business or overseas we are in for some very hard times. An easy vote can be had by blaming the wealthy for their problems but it is the wealthy who create the jobs that employ many of us.

Maybe if the gov't finally admits that we are in a recession, maybe they will see that you cannot run a marathon with six people riding on your back.

Where is the govt. going to get this $1200 that they are going to send ? They will borrow it from China, send it to people that will go to Walmart or Ace hardware and buy some cheap Chinese made merchandise. Take a guess whose economy will be stimulated. For the last 20 years we've increasingly become a distribution center for cheap foreign made products. $600 a head ain't gonna fix all that.

Larry

Yep that was the joke at the coffee shop the other day after Secretary Paulson announced the rebate and then added "we hope people use it to buy US products to further stimulate the economy....

What US product?

These folks in D.C. have so sold out the US to the globalist traders and foreign companies that their is hardly anything made in the US anymore- and I think those D.C. folks are so far out of the circle of whats happening with the average person that they don't even reallize it...If it isn't for the betterment of their corporate elitist lobbying buddies they don't know about it.... :(

One of the coffee shop fellows even mentioned that you can't even take your bride out and buy her a US origin T-Bone steak, since the current Administration and USDA have fought and delayed the implementation of the M-COOL law passed in 2002- again putting Corporate lobbiest dollars interests ahead of the US consumers and US producers interests... :( :mad:

The reason our economy is in the situation its in .....

Nowland Farms":250k1tky said:
If it's like it was the last time, you get the check now but it is considered as income and must be reported on year 2008 income taxes.
It is not treated as income. You will get a smaller refund or owe that much more in taxes. They are giving you an advance basically, it is money you were going to get as a refund or money you end up paying back when you file 2008 taxes.

I can't really see it helping things much. I thought they were talking immediate help but this will be May they say before it happens. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts