$1200 check from the govt?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still waiting for the $50.00 rebate President Carter promised if he was elected. But somehow after the election he decided it wasn't needed!! Obviously he didn't know how much most of us really did need it. But, that is old history.

Jogeephus":q583gya4 said:
gerardplauche":q583gya4 said:
I believe that talks of a recession is what brings the recession on.

I agree with you if this only applies to the non production non manufacturing segments of the economy but I disagree with you when if you include these segments of our economy. Being dependent on commodity sales and lumber sales to make a living, I noticed my net income began decreasing three years ago. I think this area has been in a recession for the last three years but we have been told the economy was good. This false sense of security has led many to continue buying and borrowing like tommorrow's money is guaranteed. Many talked about how good the cattle market has been with record prices being paid for cattle. Well if you also consider we were also paying record prices for fertilizer, fuel, seed and equipment were these prices really that good or was it that the dollar was beginning to slip? On top of this, the cost of gov't regulation has put a strangle-hold on many areas of our economy which leads many to wonder if it is worth investing in new ventures in this country.

Folks in Washington seem to have forgotton that it is mining, forestry, manufacturing, energy and agriculture that has made this country strong. If they run these people out of business or overseas we are in for some very hard times. An easy vote can be had by blaming the wealthy for their problems but it is the wealthy who create the jobs that employ many of us.

Maybe if the gov't finally admits that we are in a recession, maybe they will see that you cannot run a
marathon with six people riding on your back.
Very good post Joe. All of the taxes in the USA revert back to the food producers, engery producers, timber and mining. Every one else depends on this. A person that works for the government in any way does not pay any taxes what so ever. They just put some back in the pot that they have taken out of. Take away all of the workers in the segments you mentioned and the pot will run dry. We may be there now. I remember JFK saying something about doing something for your governement. I think it should be said now "Do not ask the government to do something for you that you can not do for yourself."

3waycross":2ar1ydi5 said:
CKC1586":2ar1ydi5 said:
3waycross":2ar1ydi5 said:
I'm curious as to why nobody has said anything about all the checks that are going to be mailed out to people who pay no taxes at all. Now, I wonder who's gonna pay for that. Same people who always pay for that kind of crap. What a croc.

As I understand it, it is an additional income tax refund. So doubt if folks didn't have earnings taxed they wouldn't get it, right? But with $300, for a single person, $600 for a married couple and $300 for each dependent don't see how it could make much of a difference to a persons budget. $300 wouldn't even make a tractor payment. Looks like to me they are just trying to buy votes....

You missed my point. They ARE sending money to people who paid NO taxes. I can guarantee that did not come from the Republicans. It has to be Nancy Pelosi's cantribution to this mess.

Think now any one that works for a salary no matter how little or how much pays SS taxes. So any one that works any where on someones payroll does pay taxes.

Lot of difference in Social Security and Income Tax.
Social Security was designed as a supplemental retirement so people would have some income in there retirement years. It protects your children as well in the event of your death.
We had money in it out the wazoo until Eisenhower dipped in to bail out the Post Office in the 50's the the real rapist came along JFK. JFK started pulling out of it to pay for HUD and Welfare.

VanC":390knw8l said:
Oldtimer":390knw8l said:
If this was really meant to be a tax stimulus- that is the people to send it to- the lower income- layed off workers-fixed income and social security folks--- as they will spend it right away and put it back into the economy- where many of the $150,000-$175,000 wage earners may sit on it waiting for the tougher times many think are coming...

This is just an election year- make you feel good ploy- by both parties- so they can say they are doing something about the economy--when actually they should have been proacting years ago, when the trade deficit was getting so big-- rather than keep building it by shipping jobs and manufacturing overseas, and the $9 Trillion national debt we owe to half the world (many of which are countries that aren't our friends)- in their drunken sailor type spending sprees...

Drunken sailors everywhere should be offended by any comparison to politicians. :p

Yep-- I seldom apologize for what I say- but I agree, I was wrong to compare honest drunken sailors to this bunch in D.C.... ;-) :lol:

Caustic Burno":3gvn3rzp said:
JFK !! is the one that started us down this slippery slope of entitlements.
I was not appluading JFK. The point I was trying to make is stand on your own two feet and take care of yourself. An time any thing comes from the Government it has to to be taken from some one else to give to the takers. I was a student in the Fifities. The school superintendent not only had that job but taught some classes also. Same as the principals.Now they do not teach now. And each one has an assistant. Point I am trying to make is that government has gotten bigger, and bigger and bigger. It will stop when people have no more to give and then what.

Status
Not open for further replies.