$1200 check from the govt?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldtimer":1jfj2ij9 said:
and I think those D.C. folks are so far out of the circle of whats happening with the average person that they don't even reallize it... :(

Which group does the most shopping at Walmart?

as wise old granny says... it is the farmer who spurs the economy...

right or wrong, not sure... but i think there is a lot of truth in that statement.

Michele

Jogeephus":jz63y37r said:
This false sense of security has led many to continue buying and borrowing like tommorrow's money is guaranteed.

I think the lending practices practiced by the finicial institutions have a big part in this.

Who really thinks a intrest only loan is something less than speculative?

mitch2":2ear32k2 said:
as wise old granny says... it is the farmer who spurs the economy...

right or wrong, not sure... but i think there is a lot of truth in that statement.

Michele

I can't see it that way.

If our politician wanted to help the economy they would make sure crude oil dropped to $50 per barrel. The little check will not help most of us. If it was enough for a new tractor and loader might be proude to receive it.

I'm curious as to why nobody has said anything about all the checks that are going to be mailed out to people who pay no taxes at all. Now, I wonder who's gonna pay for that. Same people who always pay for that kind of crap. What a croc.

3waycross":3h6wc36b said:
I'm curious as to why nobody has said anything about all the checks that are going to be mailed out to people who pay no taxes at all. Now, I wonder who's gonna pay for that. Same people who always pay for that kind of crap. What a croc.

As I understand it, it is an additional income tax refund. So doubt if folks didn't have earnings taxed they wouldn't get it, right? But with $300, for a single person, $600 for a married couple and $300 for each dependent don't see how it could make much of a difference to a persons budget. $300 wouldn't even make a tractor payment. Looks like to me they are just trying to buy votes....

hillrancher":2vobvg1x said:
If our politician wanted to help the economy they would make sure crude oil dropped to $50 per barrel. The little check will not help most of us. If it was enough for a new tractor and loader might be proude to receive it.

Now this is an interesting thought process, how do you purpose this is accomplished.
The majority of the oil that comes to the country is from imports from our friends in the middle east and our other friend Hugo.
They have it and we want it so we pay.
We also like to buy our other material goods from our friend China.
We have become a consumer nation that produces little to nothing due to EPA mentality.
We don't want power plants or hydro electric dams but we want cheap electricity.
We don't want oil wells in our waters but we want cheap fuel.
We don't want to pay decent prices for consumer goods so we employ Chinese workers.
Looks to me our own greed got us in this rut, this is no different than living on the farm it cost to be self sustaining. Americans haven't been willing to pay that price its not as fun as the instant gratification.
I was amazed when I drove through Houston a while back going to Iowa colony on Hwy 288.
It was nothing but human chicken coops going up for miles in what was rice and dairy country.
To top that off dang near every car that was passing me as I stared in amazement was made overseas.
It is simple buy American pull our dollars out of their economy and put them in ours.
The price of crude is high due to the American dollar being so weak.
If you want to see the SOB that weakened it go look in the mirror with the rest of us. We Did WE are the ones to blame.

Caustic Burno":ylntlvck said:
hillrancher":ylntlvck said:

Now this is an interesting thought process, how do you purpose this is accomplished.
The majority of the oil that comes to the country is from imports from our friends in the middle east and our other friend Hugo.
They have it and we want it so we pay.
We also like to buy our other material goods from our friend China.
We have become a consumer nation that produces little to nothing due to EPA mentality.
We don't want power plants or hydro electric dams but we want cheap electricity.
We don't want oil wells in our waters but we want cheap fuel.
We don't want to pay decent prices for consumer goods so we employ Chinese workers.
Looks to me our own greed got us in this rut, this is no different than living on the farm it cost to be self sustaining. Americans haven't been willing to pay that price its not as fun as the instant gratification.
I was amazed when I drove through Houston a while back going to Iowa colony on Hwy 288.
It was nothing but human chicken coops going up for miles in what was rice and dairy country.
To top that off dang near every car that was passing me as I stared in amazement was made overseas.
It is simple buy American pull our dollars out of their economy and put them in ours.
The price of crude is high due to the American dollar being so weak.
If you want to see the SOB that weakened it go look in the mirror with the rest of us. We Did WE are the ones to blame.

Yup! But everyone wants to blame Bush. :clap:

I think what they should do is. allow a couple new refineries on the West coast. increases the flow of crude out of the North Slope. STOP sending Alaska crude to the Pacific Rim. This would drop oil prices, curb Chinas growth, stop the growth of ethanol, lower food prices for the consumer, increase consumer spending on things other then energy, more money for investing, lower agriculture costs of production, Much less US dollars going to OPEC, US would compete with world trade, more money for highways and bridges, more tax revenue generated, home owners could afford mortgage payments, buy that new US car, take the family on a vacation, Dine out more often [Steak Dinners], Spend more at Christmas, buy something pretty for the Wife [or Husband] another hunting trip for mnmt, And ummmmmmm Thats all I got to say about that. :compute:

CKC1586":22bcx1pq said:
3waycross":22bcx1pq said:

As I understand it, it is an additional income tax refund. So doubt if folks didn't have earnings taxed they wouldn't get it, right? But with $300, for a single person, $600 for a married couple and $300 for each dependent don't see how it could make much of a difference to a persons budget. $300 wouldn't even make a tractor payment. Looks like to me they are just trying to buy votes....

You missed my point. They ARE sending money to people who paid NO taxes. I can guarantee that did not come from the Republicans. It has to be Nancy Pelosi's cantribution to this mess.

3waycross":1ub8vhzp said:
They ARE sending money to people who paid NO taxes.

This is true. Those who paid no taxes didn't get a "rebate" last tax cut, but they are this time. Has to do with who controlled congress then and who controls congress now.

Here's an interesting take related to this thread:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/Stev ... f_pretense

Sorry but I read that article and I still don't see where it states that everyone is getting the rebate? Only reference I saw was:

"The Treasury checks would go to 117 million families, or three out of every four families in America. Couples with incomes all the way up to $174,000 would be included."

There was a report on our news and they had a woman they interviewed who was complaining that she wouldn't get it because she didn't have earnings, she must have been on some kind of assistance or disability or something... My thought was that she was getting tax dollars already!
Anyway, anyone see the written plan somewhere??

A friend of mine heard some radio talk show that made this comment:

[/b]"The goverment will be sending your tax rebates in the form of Walmart gift cards."

He said they were making this comment in a joking manner. Their point was that some people would pay off debt and others would save the money and not stimulate the economy.

CKC1586":2torgbx5 said:
Sorry but I read that article and I still don't see where it states that everyone is getting the rebate? Only reference I saw was:

"The Treasury checks would go to 117 million families, or three out of every four families in America. Couples with incomes all the way up to $174,000 would be included."

There was a report on our news and they had a woman they interviewed who was complaining that she wouldn't get it because she didn't have earnings, she must have been on some kind of assistance or disability or something... My thought was that she was getting tax dollars already!

It's not a joke they are going to send $300 to people who paid no taxes at all.

CKC1586":6f5pzv0u said:

"Workers who earned at least $3,000 last year--but not enough to pay income taxes--would be eligible for #300."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01981.html

I googled "$150 Billion economic stimulus plan" and dozens of articles came up. Some give the details and some don't. Not everyone will get money back, but I remember reading that 35 million people that didn't pay income taxes will be eligible for the $300.

If this was really meant to be a tax stimulus- that is the people to send it to- the lower income- layed off workers-fixed income and social security folks--- as they will spend it right away and put it back into the economy- where many of the $150,000-$175,000 wage earners may sit on it waiting for the tougher times many think are coming...

This is just an election year- make you feel good ploy- by both parties- so they can say they are doing something about the economy--when actually they should have been proacting years ago, when the trade deficit was getting so big-- rather than keep building it by shipping jobs and manufacturing overseas, and the $9 Trillion national debt we owe to half the world (many of which are countries that aren't our friends)- in their drunken sailor type spending sprees...

Oldtimer":1u4cdvgr said:
If this was really meant to be a tax stimulus- that is the people to send it to- the lower income- layed off workers-fixed income and social security folks--- as they will spend it right away and put it back into the economy- where many of the $150,000-$175,000 wage earners may sit on it waiting for the tougher times many think are coming...

This is just an election year- make you feel good ploy- by both parties- so they can say they are doing something about the economy--when actually they should have been proacting years ago, when the trade deficit was getting so big-- rather than keep building it by shipping jobs and manufacturing overseas, and the $9 Trillion national debt we owe to half the world (many of which are countries that aren't our friends)- in their drunken sailor type spending sprees...

Great post!!!!!!!! I couldn't agree more!

Oldtimer":jhqbte64 said:

Drunken sailors everywhere should be offended by any comparison to politicians. :p

3waycross":3lezra93 said:
Oldtimer":3lezra93 said:

Great post!!!!!!!! I couldn't agree more!

:tiphat: I agree as well. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.