$12 Billion in Aid for Farmers

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":3jkuj85i said:
There is no news as Walter Cronkite used to report that is the way it was.
It was left up to you to decide.

That is exactly right. Dan Rather pioneered the new style of deciding what he wanted you to believe and it has taken off leaps and bounds since.

I went by USDA yesterday to sign up for my billion but they have not gotten any information yet. I told them to put me at #1 on the asking list! :lol2: I wonder who the other 11 folks will be?

Trump has not lived a life under circumstances most people can relate to. His life has been filled with celebrity. It seems that a lot of people struggle with celebrity. Some don't, Clint Eastwood seems natural in a TV interview. There are many others who seemed to have lived normal lives - Jimmy Stewart, Gregory Peck, and many others. But some seem to live under a dark cloud with the pressures of celebrity.

Trump seems to be happy and enjoy celebrity. What I think I see is someone who does struggle with being criticized. In the life that he has led, he controlled his environment to the extent that he could escape criticism. Not anymore. As a nation, we are brutal to our Presidents. I think Trump might be a personality that struggles with being the target of negative attacks - whether they are fair or not. His tweets are defensive compositions. Many contain denials. One of the tenets of negotiation and court testimony is never let yourself be placed in a position of making "denials". When you take that path, you have lost. For example, if someone makes a post on CT and states - I am not a bigot. Despite what the truth might be - that
person is guilty by denial. That is how the human brain processes information.

In my opinion, it will be a long time before we know if he has "made America better". The one act I had hoped that he would carry through with - reducing the annual deficit. That did not happen in his first fiscal year.

sstterry":38zr0frf said:
jltrent":38zr0frf said:
It looks like it is happening..........

VKLJgLw.jpg

Do you know that these are made in China and held up in customs because of the tariffs :p ?

Made in Indonesia.................... :roll:

Bestoutwest":2dqwhgo1 said:
jltrent":2dqwhgo1 said:
sstterry":2dqwhgo1 said:
Do you know that these are made in China and held up in customs because of the tariffs :p ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoOPgeTMQc

If the man wants to MAGA, he needs to be the change he wants to see.

It takes time....at least he got the 2 million Muslims/Syrians stop that were ready to flood our country that would have cost Billions from now on, now it is on to the economy and something has to be done and at least he is trying. We are not the push over we once was.

jltrent":3k00k4mt said:
sstterry":3k00k4mt said:
jltrent":3k00k4mt said:
It looks like it is happening..........

VKLJgLw.jpg

Find a textile product made in the USA.
Be a very short list, check out where those Wranglers or Levi's are made.

"Companies like Wrangler, Lee, Levi, Carhart, and Dickies have all closed their doors on American workers and are now made in many foreign nations."

Much less that tractor your butt is riding. "There are a few assembly plants in the United States putting some tractors together but pretty much everything is actually made overseas and none of the power trains are built out here. Case, Ford, New Holland, Massey, McCormick, Kubota, and yup you guessed it, even big JD are all made elsewhere."

China is buying just over 100 Billion a year from the US, we are buying over 500 Billion a year from them. They are not trading pardners. I say try whatever, do whatever, take the dollars and our cheap soybeans away from China and they will have a lot of poor hogs and the suicide rate will skyrocket there.

jltrent":qejndnkt said:
China is buying just over 100 Billion a year from the US, we are buying over 500 Billion a year from them. They are not trading pardners. I say try whatever, do whatever, take the dollars and our cheap soybeans away from China and they will have a lot of poor hogs and the suicide rate will skyrocket there.

The deficit is actually more like 375 billion, but what is a few billion between friends ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. :)

Americans are under pressure:

1. Diminishing buying power due to decreasing real earnings.

2. Inflation due to an annual deficit that no one - D or R - is willing to rein in including the Don.

The result is - Americans must have cheap consumer goods from China and dinky third world countries. These goods are beginning to be more expensive than we realize because they are crap and capital expenditures are worn out before they can be depreciated.

We have dug a very deep hole.

Bright Raven":j1oytid5 said:
Americans are under pressure:

1. Diminishing buying power due to decreasing real earnings.

2. Inflation due to an annual deficit that no one - D or R - is willing to rein in including the Don.

The result is - Americans must have cheap consumer goods from China and dinky third world countries. These goods are beginning to be more expensive than we realize because they are crap and capital expenditures are worn out before they can be depreciated.

We have dug a very deep hole.

This is a frighteningly accurate observation.

Latest posts