Where are they?

Help Support CattleToday:

I've looked up a lot of old threads from when I first joined, there were lots and lots of people with 1000+ posts you just don't see around anymore.

I just find CT is pretty cliquey, and I'm certainly not the only one that notices it

Nesikep":25fhk8e0 said:
I've looked up a lot of old threads from when I first joined, there were lots and lots of people with 1000+ posts you just don't see around anymore.

I just find CT is pretty cliquey, and I'm certainly not the only one that notices it

I agree. Just an observation, any opinions, values or commentary contrary to the "clique" is rebuffed.

Having said that, there is no reason to tuck tail and leave.

Do you honestly think there are cliques? I see people try to swim up stream, and commit forum suicide sometimes. I honestly don't think there are cliques.

Bigfoot":pflapo1q said:
Do you honestly think there are cliques? I see people try to swim up stream, and commit forum suicide sometimes. I honestly don't think there are cliques.

Probably the wrong word but being more direct might not be wise.

Bright Raven":3cg0b0g4 said:
Nesikep":3cg0b0g4 said:

I agree. Just an observation, any opinions, values or commentary contrary to the "clique" is rebuffed.

Maybe a Safe Place would be helpful. ;-) :lol: :hide:

Jogeephus":21kddey5 said:
Bright Raven":21kddey5 said:
Nesikep":21kddey5 said:

Maybe a Safe Place would be helpful. ;-) :lol: :hide:

Yes. Those who are emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own should be afforded a safe place. Something like the Daily Inspirational Thread.

:lol:

Bright Raven":2rmgta1y said:
Bigfoot":2rmgta1y said:

Probably the wrong word but being more direct might not be wise.
no,,it's the right word.... But that's life.. Whether on here,,or every day life...

Got a good story:

The federal service labors under the concept that all relationship issues can be resolved by sensitivity training. A black employee filed a grievance against a manager who was also my manager. The employee asserted that the manager often referred to him as "boy". The manager denied it so they sent about 10 of us out of town for a week of sensitivity training. The manager was pizzed. So one evening, we were all in the Lounge drinking. The manager had a couple martinis and sat right there and started calling this black employee "boy". It got empathic. He finally got in the black guys face and said something to the effect, "well, ain't that what they call you, BOY!"

To make a long story short, the manager was reassigned and relocated to another office which was a major disaster for his wife and two children who were in elementary school.

dun":183upcme said:
Workinonit Farm":183upcme said:
dun":183upcme said:
Don;t forget "Angrie" and misty morning. We used to talk on the phone a lot but haven;t heard from either of them in probably a year

I was thinking about them a few days ago, wondering what they're up to.
I know MM was working dispatching airplanes for fire fighting and Angrie was headed to tx to be with her truelove

Sounds like good things. :) Thanks.

Dogs and Cows":1jrfwamf said:
Bestoutwest":1jrfwamf said:
Anyone heard from 3waycross? Who was the Hereford guy on here from Colorado that posts incredible pictures? And, I think, Mr.VictorDomino?

MrVictorDomino still posts here sometimes...He is from Kentucky.

I appreciate all the help I have gotten on these boards. And I think of folks often. BrangusCowGirl, Bez and others.

Edit to add...I loved the pics that Wichita Line Man used to post! be nice nice Herefords.

Tim

Bez is still around talked with him last month

jedstivers":2xvt4vcs said:
Lot of people that actually know their business have left. Thankful we still have a few.
Lot more talent has left than is signing up though.

Don't lament the ones who leave. Just wish them well. Lots of reasons to leave.

There are plenty of Users available, some like yourself with special experience as demonstrated in the thread about the OKC Stockyards. Plus, you are experienced in row crops. If you think about it, there is more than adequate knowledge here - some of it specialized:

Andy and Luke - fence
Lucky_P - vet
bse - AI
Greybeard - military advisor
Grit - sensitivity expert
bball - paranormal behavior
TT - mortgages
Joe - home brew
TexasBred - naptime
Sky - cheese
Bigfoot - Sunday sermons
Cross - women and late night escapades
For all else - Cowgirl8

Misty morning I liked her. And another lady that hasn't been around is Randi, she knows cattle and isn't a knowitall. This is a great site site till you get some knowitall arguing with someone that knows what their talking about. Every one has an opinion and some can debate it, and some know what their talking about and shouldn't have to debate.

One that I have missed for a long time is Cattle Annie. Some of the old timers here might remember her. She was from BC and the mad cow deal put them out of business. So she is a long time gone.

Dave":1smqpuxl said:
One that I have missed for a long time is Cattle Annie. Some of the old timers here might remember her. She was from BC and the mad cow deal put them out of business. So she is a long time gone.

I always enjoyed her posts. Waayyyyy back, "in the day", I had come across some odd-ball issue. Posted a question about on the boards (taking a shot at it) and she was so helpful, and had a solution.

Not everyone liked him, but I liked old Ollie. I also miss Texan. I caught some of his posts and messages on Rancher's, but that was quite some time ago.

Latest posts