What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

Was that your boy Bigfoot? Great action shot! Today I got to run the biggest remote controlled toy I've ever seen in my life. After I loaded and hauled it I told my boss; "We're gonna need a bigger trailer."(Jaws reference)

That is a horizontal drilling machine that is self propelled and is remote controlled. I'm currently working on the Rover pipeline which is 2 42" pipelines running through Ohio. There are over 800 places where they are not digging trenches but instead boring holes underneath obstacles and pulling the pipe through. Most of the horizontal rigs are not self propelled, but the one in my picture is.

OwnedByTheCow":2d6lpvw8 said:
What kind event was that Bigfoot? I can't imagine he'd choose to get run over for the fun of it.

Its a chute dogging calf, but he wasn't the one chute dogging. After the younger boys get one down, and the flag drops, 2 or 3 of the older boys grab it, if another child has drawn it. Just makes things go faster. I guess it got the best of him.

OwnedByTheCow":9wobsu1o said:
That sounds like fun. Looks like some nice character building. Too bad we don't have something like that in the north.
They have that event at most Junior rodeos. They certainly have junior rodeos in the north. Just probably not many in the east.

callmefence":2488zn9s said:
True Grit Farms":2488zn9s said:
callmefence":2488zn9s said:
Can't imagine what s sad about a nice truck.

Makes me sad to not even have 5000 miles on one. And it be scratched and dented.
And somehow there's paint on the passenger seat.. :mad:

You need to put seat covers on when you buy a new truck. The scratches can't be prevented, but I hate a dent. Seems like everytime you bump the truck it gets another dent. I've had 2 windshields in a 100k miles and need another.

I got seat covers.

So I can't see the be nice paint.

I always thought I was pretty efficient at breaking in a new truck until I rode with Fence in the aforementioned rig. He's way better at it than I am. :lol:

ohiosteve":3ln1ooso said:
Hope you did well at the sale barn Sky. I've been so busy lately it's ridiculous. Major pipelines being run through Ohio. This is the Rover , It's two 42" lines side by side.

I grew to hate board roads. Better than driving and walking on mud but not much.

I'm surprised they don't use the likes of the Marston mats used to make temporary runways during the 2nd world war. Western Queensland is littered with them being used around cattle and sheep yards as paneling from war surplus sales that you guys left behind many years ago and still going strong.

Ken

Nice toy Steve

IMG_20170511_182614039_zpsebfgytpg.jpg

Latest posts