What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":2mescaml said:
1982vett":2mescaml said:
artesianspringsfarm":2mescaml said:
What's a maintainer?
:lol2: it's a piece of road equipment used to "maintain" dirt/gravel roads.....also known as a grader.
http://www.catallday.com/equipment/heav ... oC0kTw_wcB

Guess calling a road grader a maintainer is a Texas thing. I had no idea. :???:

I just like that you called it what us yankees call it and then added that you call it something different in the course of saying you didnt know it was odd to call it something other than what it is. :lol: I've never heard it called anything other than a grader.

IMG_20170308_081811663_HDR_zpsmyrkxnhe.jpg

Sitting on the back porch with my dad smoking a cigar. I walked out to get a picture of a fish hawk that he talks to everyday roosted on the boat top. Seems the hawk didn't want it's picture taken and flew off.

skyhightree1":373zzqh5 said:
Rafter S":373zzqh5 said:
skyhightree1":373zzqh5 said:

I'm guessing someone up ahead of you has had a really bad day.

Wrong . 12 people had a really bad day 2 separate pile ups within 100 yds of one another
If that pic had been taken in Houston or DFW, most of those suburbanite vehicles would be pickup trucks.
Sad part is, that most would have bright shiny beds, without a scratch on them, because they never hauled anything bigger than a few sacks of mulch or lawn fertilize..Diesel duallys have become the new status symbol in Houston, unseating Suburbans and BMWs.

greybeard":2e350tny said:
skyhightree1":2e350tny said:
Rafter S":2e350tny said:

Wrong . 12 people had a really bad day 2 separate pile ups within 100 yds of one another
If that pic had been taken in Houston or DFW, most of those suburbanite vehicles would be pickup trucks.
Sad part is, that most would have bright shiny beds, without a scratch on them, because they never hauled anything bigger than a few sacks of mulch or lawn fertilize..Diesel duallys have become the new status symbol in Houston, unseating Suburbans and BMWs.

I didn't know about that, but I guess it's true that what goes around comes around. When I was in high school duallys were in style. Some of them didn't even have trailer hitches, but they were styling.

greybeard":1oavo6r5 said:
skyhightree1":1oavo6r5 said:
Rafter S":1oavo6r5 said:

Can't imagine what s sad about a nice truck.

Makes me sad to not even have 5000 miles on one. And it be scratched and dented.
And somehow there's paint on the passenger seat.. :mad:

callmefence":1q0ysaah said:
greybeard":1q0ysaah said:
skyhightree1":1q0ysaah said:

Makes me sad to not even have 5000 miles on one. And it be scratched and dented.

You need to put seat covers on when you buy a new truck. The scratches can't be prevented, but I hate a dent. Seems like everytime you bump the truck it gets another dent. I've had 2 windshields in a 100k miles and need another.

True Grit Farms":2y34u4f8 said:
callmefence":2y34u4f8 said:
greybeard":2y34u4f8 said:

You need to put seat covers on when you buy a new truck. The scratches can't be prevented, but I hate a dent. Seems like everytime you bump the truck it gets another dent. I've had 2 windshields in a 100k miles and need another.

I got seat covers.

So I can't see the ****ing paint.

Many folks just prefer pickups. I know several women that drive trucks as "my car". lol Wouldn't think about owning a car.

Heifers got to go out on the small front pasture today, and the cows were not happy about it. Had a spot in this pasture that had a bunch of composted manure spread out on it in one spot. The compost dries out really fast and kills any grass if you don't keep it watered. So I spread out a wheat bale on that spot to work as a mulch, and cover, and also to give the heifers something extra to eat. Will go over it after the next big rain and spread some fescue over it. Should get a nice mix of wheat and fescue. Just going to need to keep it watered...

33400287590_4da56c685d_h.jpg

Also fixed some fence, and put up an electric fence to keep the cows off the fence. Maybe it will make it one more year.

33784987185_58951669f6_h.jpg

Then went to my sisters house and pulled up something interesting from the yard.

32942055864_9d57e46c4a_h.jpg

Hope you did well at the sale barn Sky. I've been so busy lately it's ridiculous. Major pipelines being run through Ohio. This is the Rover , It's two 42" lines side by side.

Bigfoot":2hokkb68 said:
Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you.
I see the kids boot on the bulls nuts and wonder who got who worse

Latest posts