Oilfield​

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":ihcsy7kf said:
Brute 23":ihcsy7kf said:
TexasBred":ihcsy7kf said:
You think it would be safer if gas were $5 a gallon??

Yes.

It's very tough to see people getting killed in your industry while the public demonizes it. They complain about paying $4 for fuel but drop $800 on a phone, $70K on the vehicle, and $200 a month for a sports package to watch a guy who gets paid $29M a year to play baseball. That is all ok though.

It makes me sick to my stomach to be honest.
Everyone knows the more a product cost the safer it is. Exactly how the communist liberals think, gotta make sure there's a big renewable energy tax on gas also.

Grit hard to believe Brute is on the rag so much about "his" industry. I wish I could convince the buyers of petroleum to just arbitrarily agree to pay $40 more per barrel of oil so big oil could afford to raise the safety standards in every part of their industry. Next thing Brute will want is a big fat contract to play for the world champion Astros even though he knows he's not worth it. I'd bet him that big contract salary that more good men died serving in our military last year than died working in the oil field

I suspect that a lot of the oil field workers are not experinced and not trained. A lot of the older workers have played out and been replaced with younger ones. Safety is number one in any industry and all protocal needs to be followed.

hurleyjd":36862iav said:
I suspect that a lot of the oil field workers are not experinced and not trained. A lot of the older workers have played out and been replaced with younger ones. Safety is number one in any industry and all protocal needs to be followed.
Some things you can do by the book for years....still gonna have that occasional accident,etc. which can hardly ever be explained and all the safety manuals and meetings in the world won't solve the problem 100%. Chief of Police exited his patrol car last week and broke and ankle...He weighs about 150 lbs. soaking wet.

The oilfield has come a long ways just in the last 15 years for safety. There are still some bad companies out there. Patterson was well know for years as being the deadliest company out there. About ten years ago they underwent major safety turnaround because they had become so unsafe they couldnt work for the big players, which is where long term rig contracts come from. The problem is not their safety policies now. They have more safety policies than my company. It's the attitude of the employees. If employees don't follow rules then the policies don't matter. Some big companies also think paperwork will solve all problems which is also not true. As far as training goes, big companies also tend to promote faster. You get a driller with just two years experience in the oilfield and he may be young too. Makes for a bad combination. He's been around long enough to know the dangers but not long enough to have the experience to know what to do in diffrent situations. All drillers, rig maanagers, and consultants are required to pass a well control course every two years. These are third party classes and regulated by the IADC. The rules for these have recently changed. It used to be a three day class. I went last year and they had gone to a four day class. When i go again this year it will be a five day class. Also the driller leads the crew and the crew attitude towards safety will fall in with the drillers attitude. That goes for how the crews works too.

I happen to know one of the men, that passed away in that explosion. His parents are having a real tough time.

TexasBred":15hs1lrf said:
True Grit Farms":15hs1lrf said:
Brute 23":15hs1lrf said:
Yes.

It's very tough to see people getting killed in your industry while the public demonizes it. They complain about paying $4 for fuel but drop $800 on a phone, $70K on the vehicle, and $200 a month for a sports package to watch a guy who gets paid $29M a year to play baseball. That is all ok though.

It makes me sick to my stomach to be honest.
Everyone knows the more a product cost the safer it is. Exactly how the communist liberals think, gotta make sure there's a big renewable energy tax on gas also.

Grit hard to believe Brute is on the rag so much about "his" industry. I wish I could convince the buyers of petroleum to just arbitrarily agree to pay $40 more per barrel of oil so big oil could afford to raise the safety standards in every part of their industry. Next thing Brute will want is a big fat contract to play for the world champion Astros even though he knows he's not worth it. I'd bet him that big contract salary that more good men died serving in our military last year than died working in the oil field

This is not about "my industry". It's about the American public's priorities. We have baseball players making $20M per year and first responders, teachers, and military getting paid $50K. That is not good.

Oil and Gas revolutionized the world and especially the United States. Read up and look at what this country was like before oil and gas. It is just plain ignorant, hypocracy to drive home, get in your comfy heated/ cooled house, get on your laptop and curse oil and gas. None of that around you would be possible with out it.

You curse Exxon for providing you the ability to drive when and where you want, call an ambulance if your your hurt, heat your home, cook your food, and all the other advancements that keep us safe and happy but praise Apple and their record profits for providing us..... Angry Birds? :???:

The fact is the average well in North American produces 20 bbl a day. That's very few big wells and lots of 5-10bbl a day wells. That is not big oil. The stats look very similar to cattle. Most the oil comes from small independents.

Brute 23":r1i9zrwy said:
TexasBred":r1i9zrwy said:
True Grit Farms":r1i9zrwy said:

This is not about "my industry". It's about the American public's priorities. We have baseball players making $20M per year and first responders, teachers, and military getting paid $50K. That is not good.

Oil and Gas revolutionized the world and especially the United States. Read up and look at what this country was like before oil and gas. It is just plain ignorant, hypocracy to drive home, get in your comfy heated/ cooled house, get on your laptop and curse oil and gas. None of that around you would be possible with out it.

You curse Exxon for providing you the ability to drive when and where you want, call an ambulance if your your hurt, heat your home, cook your food, and all the other advancements that keep us safe and happy but praise Apple and their record profits for providing us..... Angry Birds? :???:

The fact is the average well in North American produces 20 bbl a day. That's very few big wells and lots of 5-10bbl a day wells. That is not big oil. The stats look very similar to cattle. Most the oil comes from small independents.
The fact is that the oil and gas companies are selling something that belongs to the general public and "are or will" screw us every chance they get. I just happened to work for a oil tycoon out of Texas in the early 80's. Thanks to my dad who schooled the owner in business, I still have my life insurance and a very small profit sharing deal set up through them as a rig forman. How the heck a boat captain can be classified as a rig forman IDK. I definitely appreciate the fuel and benefits I receive from the gas and oil business, but I don't feel sorry for the industry at all. Like an idiot I quit because I wasn't going to someone's boy just for the money. Being a slave to someone else isn't worth it to me, you can have my share.

Your still a prostitute for the money Grit. You sell your life one day at a time for the money. Some are crack whores others call girls the difference is semantics.

If you don't like it grab your check book and come on... we will gladly meet you on the playing field.

Just once I would like to see the O&G industry go on strike so that Americans could watch their whole world come to a screeching halt.

We as Americans have gotten too far removed from truely hard times and are starting to forget what all goes in to making all this around us happen.

Caustic Burno":10k294ea said:
Your still a prostitute for the money Grit. You sell your life one day at a time for the money. Some are crack whores others call girls the difference is semantics.
You don't know what your talking about, and have no idea. I gave up more than you'll ever know, just to be the azz that I am. But I'm my azz not someone else's azz. I never liked the taste of azz, always had an off taste to me. Some people can get use to the taste azz and even learn to like it. Myself I'd just as soon starve.

Yep we have to have fuel to keep America humming. Infrastructure needs improved and updated. How to pay for it. Increasing the federal tax on gas to $1.00 is being and enjoy your tax cut. After all the federal government reasoning is that we kept going when gas was nearing $4.00 a gallon. I think that I will pay less income tax this year because I will have less income.

hurleyjd":1pa8lprc said:
Yep we have to have fuel to keep America humming. Infrastructure needs improved and updated. How to pay for it. Increasing the federal tax on gas to $1.00 is being and enjoy your tax cut. After all the federal government reasoning is that we kept going when gas was nearing $4.00 a gallon. I think that I will pay less income tax this year because I will have less income.

That's a good idea. I wander why we didn't have a gas tax to pay for infrastructure before......look at this pic. Look who get about a fourth to a third of the price of every gallon.

Caustic Burno":m0c5v5hr said:
CB occasionally you have to be reminded that "YOU WERE THE PROSTITUTE". Most of us learned long ago to say no regardless of the money. Money has never been able to buy my a$$ and never will. Too late for you to ever be able to say that. :tiphat:

Brute 23":36qippiv said:
If you don't like it grab your check book and come on... we will gladly meet you on the playing field.

Just once I would like to see the O&G industry go on strike so that Americans could watch their whole world come to a screeching halt.

We as Americans have gotten too far removed from truely hard times and are starting to forget what all goes in to making all this around us happen.
Exactly what do you want Brute?? Do you really feel pi$$ed on or unappreciated?? The fact that Americans buy the product at whatever the cost is should be reassurance that you'll always have a good job. Quit whinning man.

hurleyjd":2yekyub1 said:
AND if you do have less income I bet you already have someone other than yourself to blame for it.

TexasBred":1z674o3a said:
Brute 23":1z674o3a said:

Exactly what do you want Brute?? Do you really feel pi$$ed on or unappreciated?? The fact that Americans buy the product at whatever the cost is should be reassurance that you'll always have a good job. Quit whinning man.
I think everyone besides the EPA and environmental nuts appreciate the oil and gas industry keeping us going. It's hard to fotget the screwing we took in the late 70's during the gas wars, shortage bs.

True Grit Farms":121rrylp said:
Caustic Burno":121rrylp said:
You don't know what your talking about, and have no idea. I gave up more than you'll ever know, just to be the azz that I am. But I'm my azz not someone else's azz. I never liked the taste of azz, always had an off taste to me. Some people can get use to the taste azz and even learn to like it. Myself I'd just as soon starve.

Your still owned by who you sell your services to . As much as you azz doesn't like it that's the way it is.
You have BSed yourself.

TexasBred":2e5s7dom said:
hurleyjd":2e5s7dom said:
AND if you do have less income I bet you already have someone other than yourself to blame for it.

nope just me making unwise investments that looked really smart at the time.

Caustic Burno":18nv7l1x said:
True Grit Farms":18nv7l1x said:
Caustic Burno":18nv7l1x said:

Your still owned by who you sell your services to . As much as you azz doesn't like it that's the way it is.
You have BSed yourself.

Idk CB I've told many a customer to blow it out their azz.. got up the next morning and went to work. Never missed a step.