Oilfield​

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":2vyq8kwe said:
ga.prime":2vyq8kwe said:
Yeah, thought so. Next time you get banned you should have callmedick as your monicker.

Your on fire tonight prime.
I wrote it down and hung it on the fridge so I won't forget..
You've made the first step on the road to recovery!

Craig Miller":ca42yiiy said:
crimsoncrazy":ca42yiiy said:
Must have been one heck of an explosion.

I hope it was. That rig is identical to mine. A diffrent color paint on the side is the only difference. It's high tech for an onshore rig. Amphion computer control system. Ran with a joystick instead of a brake handle. The dog house is fully enclosed and the driller sits behind a glass to run it. I hope you're right and a big initial explosion killed them, not that they were trapped inside there trying to figure a way out.

Craig, my son is a driller for a rig just like that as well. They've been in New Mexico for the last year or so.

Sad deal for all involved!!

I am amazed at the pressure on some of the wells in southern Ohio and West Virginia that I have dropped equipment off at. I dropped some flowback apparatus off at a Utica well in WV where they wanted me to shake it off my trailer as close to the wellhead as possible untill the company man came out and talked to me and told me that wellhead had 20,000 psi on it and my truck was way too close to it. I'm no genius, but between the massive pipeline and all the drilling going on in the Ohio/WV/PA area, I am guessing this is no joke.

ohiosteve":28ejl4le said:
I am amazed at the pressure on some of the wells in southern Ohio and West Virginia that I have dropped equipment off at. I dropped some flowback apparatus off at a Utica well in WV where they wanted me to shake it off my trailer as close to the wellhead as possible untill the company man came out and talked to me and told me that wellhead had 20,000 psi on it and my truck was way too close to it. I'm no genius, but between the massive pipeline and all the drilling going on in the Ohio/WV/PA area, I am guessing this is no joke.

It wouldnt suprise me. I have operated wells with #15K in South Texas. Every one says pressure is pressure... but when you you get over 10K it's different.

Brute 23":2uqilpsz said:
ohiosteve":2uqilpsz said:

It wouldnt suprise me. I have operated wells with #15K in South Texas. Every one says pressure is pressure... but when you you get over 10K it's different.

The Rice Vision well here was so high pressure the pulled off in 09.
I am a small percentage royalty owner and they are getting ready to try again.
Brute said they hit a rumble zone with pressure in excess of 15k.
http://www.pantheonresources.com/index. ... on/history

Its really not that uncommon. The technology is usually there to drill the wells but it can be uneconomical and not worth the risk. The other issue is some of those zones will produce so much natural gas that the US literally does not have the infrastructure to handle it.

That is one of the biggest scams I do belive that has been played on the world. There is no reason that we should not all be operating every thing on natural gas other that the fact that too many people involved have too much invested in oil.

NG is so much cleaner, easier to handle, and we have all the domestic ng we need.

The Rice Vision well here was so high pressure they pulled off in 09

Not exactly true CB. The rig they were using at VRU#1 was too small..too light, and pumps not enough fluid horsepower. Rig shortage at the time and they couldn't get a rig suitable and took a chance. Got in trouble because of it, couldn't set a packer, had to call in a snubbing unit and the CT got stuck in the hole because of loose rubble in the well bore going thru the AC on the way to eagle ford/Woodbine, which is below the chalk.
They were at 14K ft, developing angle and the rig they were using couldn't overcome the friction of the angled well bore. Eventually got the 1st horizontal section drilled and while setting a packer on that section is when their real problems began. Bottomhole pressure 13,000psi. High for the chalk formation but not altogether unheard of at all but should be doable with the right equipment. Anadarko has drilled wells in the same area and formations and had no trouble, but Anadarko is not a novice to high pressure or flow rates.

Meanwhile, while preparing for a second well, that company had to find new $$..and better rigs. Pantheon had only been in business since 2005..a British company.
They partnered with the old Kaiser Francis company out of Tulsa.

You can talk to some of your fellow PANR investors here--they're ready to chuck it in an buy powerball tickets:
http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareChat.asp?page ... icker=PANR

greybeard":36o84fpm said:
The Rice Vision well here was so high pressure they pulled off in 09

Not exactly true CB. The rig they were using at VRU#1 was too small..too light, and pumps not enough fluid horsepower. Rig shortage at the time and they couldn't get a rig suitable and took a chance. Got in trouble because of it, couldn't set a packer, had to call in a snubbing unit and the CT got stuck in the hole because of loose rubble in the well bore going thru the AC on the way to eagle ford/Woodbine, which is below the chalk.
They were at 14K ft, developing angle and the rig they were using couldn't overcome the friction of the angled well bore. Eventually got the 1st horizontal section drilled and while setting a packer on that section is when their real problems began. Bottomhole pressure 13,000psi. High for the chalk formation but not altogether unheard of at all but should be doable with the right equipment. Anadarko has drilled wells in the same area and formations and had no trouble, but Anadarko is not a novice to high pressure or flow rates.

Meanwhile, while preparing for a second well, that company had to find new $$..and better rigs. Pantheon had only been in business since 2005..a British company.
They partnered with the old Kaiser Francis company out of Tulsa.

You can talk to some of your fellow PANR investors here--they're ready to chuck it in an buy powerball tickets:
http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareChat.asp?page ... icker=PANR

Somebody else is negotiating to drill this time. I am friends with the surface/partial royalty owners.
I heard Pantheon was out, don't know how much water that holds.
I haven't gotten any new contract paperwork on that tract.