Anyone use a buyers card?

Help Support CattleToday:

Do you mean like these? The sale yard has stacks of them on the counter. I usually grab two of them. One to write down what I buy. And one to write information on ones that sell that I want to remember selling data. The wife just gathered a bunch of them I have sitting around on my desk. The stack is nearly an inch thick.

PB033141.JPG

Do you mean like these? The sale yard has stacks of them on the counter. I usually grab two of them. One to write down what I buy. And one to write information on ones that sell that I want to remember selling data. The wife just gathered a bunch of them I have sitting around on my desk. The stack is nearly an inch thick.

View attachment 36596
More of a question of whether or not you have any prices written down when y9ou go to a sale to help guide your purchases, or whether you just wing it.

I think most of us that fallow the cattle markets have a pretty good idea when we step foot into a sale barn what it is likely going to cost to play that day.
I don't get to sales as often as I used to but I fallow the weekly market report for the sale barns I frequent.
I use sale cards as a reminder of groups that stood out or groups that I bought.

I have been known to do that. Here is a card I made up for when they sell bred cows by the pound. I wanted to have $1,200 a cow as my cut off. You will note a 1,200 pound cow cost $1.00 a pound. Calves I always have a maximum $ per pound in my head. Also being able to do math in your head quickly helps.

PB063142.JPG

I have been known to do that. Here is a card I made up for when they sell bred cows by the pound. I wanted to have $1,200 a cow as my cut off. You will note a 1,200 pound cow cost $1.00 a pound. Calves I always have a maximum $ per pound in my head. Also being able to do math in your head quickly helps.

View attachment 36694
Is that old math or new math.

Really never had those skills...what's worse, it is becoming a challenge just to tally two 2 digit numbers....

View attachment 36694
No no NO! You s'posed to use the NEW Math!!!p

Latest posts