Zoetis 50k

Help Support CattleToday:

CreekAngus

Reaction score
Anyone know how to read the Zoetis 50k and any idea on how long it takes for AAA to adjust the EPD's after they get the results? I can see the results online and here's what they show CED-96 BW- 93 WW-35 YW-48 YH-8 Doc- 47 Milk-96 I skipped a few other columns. This is the first time I did the testing, I have two more being processed.

The number you get is the percentile rank for that animal in comparison to all the other animals that have been tested. The AAA numbers will update on the 2nd Friday following your results. So, if you got results today, their AAA epd's will update on May 10th. Sometimes if you get your results on a Monday the epd's will update on the same Friday because the AAA were actually in possession of your results on the previous Friday.

CreekAngus said:
Anyone know how to read the Zoetis 50k and any idea on how long it takes for AAA to adjust the EPD's after they get the results? I can see the results online and here's what they show CED-96 BW- 93 WW-35 YW-48 YH-8 Doc- 47 Milk-96 I skipped a few other columns. This is the first time I did the testing, I have two more being processed.
As noted, it is the percentile rank of the animal tested compared to all other Angus who also have been tested. The lower the number (1, 2, 3, 4 ...) the better that animal compares for that particular trait, and, in most cases, the more desirable that animal would be for that trait. The higher the number (99, 98, 97, 96 ...) the worst the animal compares. So, based on the numbers you provided, that particular animal would be consider "poor" for calving ease and birth weight (guess it would be a high birth weight animal with some muscle and width that could result in calving difficulties) but this animal would be slightly better than average for yearling weight and docility, near the top third percentile for weaning weight, and in the top 10 percent (8 to be exact) for YH, so the calf must have some frame bred into it. Hope that helps! :)

Luckiamute said:
CreekAngus said:
As noted, it is the percentile rank of the animal tested compared to all other Angus who also have been tested. The lower the number (1, 2, 3, 4 ...) the better that animal compares for that particular trait, and, in most cases, the more desirable that animal would be for that trait. The higher the number (99, 98, 97, 96 ...) the worst the animal compares. So, based on the numbers you provided, that particular animal would be consider "poor" for calving ease and birth weight (guess it would be a high birth weight animal with some muscle and width that could result in calving difficulties) but this animal would be slightly better than average for yearling weight and docility, near the top third percentile for weaning weight, and in the top 10 percent (8 to be exact) for YH, so the calf must have some frame bred into it. Hope that helps! :)
EPD's posted today, I expected BW and CED to change, didn't at all, but MH and docility sure did.

Latest posts