YOUTUBE video - new breed called AUBRAC

Help Support CattleToday:

well im jsut saying based off from that video thats what they looked like. I've never heard of tehm before let alone seen one so that was jsut my view of the video and my opinion take it for what its worth.

Handsome cattle. They may be a new breed to the United States,however they are not a new breed in their county of origin (France).

In a way I have to agree with Doc. Geez, some of you are like a sausage mill. You go 'round and 'round and nothing comes out.

There isn't anything more silly than people arguing arguing that a cow's or bull's color. Whether it looks like it is Jersey or other breed cross. I don't understand why some people can not appreciate a centuries old breed for what it is.

I mostly lurk on this board. I've seen bulls posted that have atrocious toplines and hatchet butts, yet if it is a regular posting it, you all think that it is great. To some of you it seems that a bull can look like crap as long as it looks good on paper.

But hey, what do I know. I like the cattle, but then we own registered Braunviehs and a couple of Jersey cows that we milk. :tiphat:

Dang all these French cattle sure stir things up. The first Chars An Limis to come over had issues, thats for sure. Americas cow herd wasn,t ready for them to small to have the calves from them. Lots of calving problems as i remember. In the time they have been here we have really worked them over. Some of what we have done has helped some has hurt. We have reduced birth weights, added milk and turned them black. These Aubrac cattle will no dought get the same treatment. In most other parts of the world red meat yield is the most important factor, not fat marbling. Some would have you think if its not black it will not work. We are really lucky in the US because we have a deverse market. Don't make any diffrence what you raise there is a market for it here some where some better than others. I like Fullblood Limis. thats why i raise them. Yes they got taged as crazy no milk late maturing ill tempered low fertilty cattle. While in France they are thought to be the oldest domesticated breed of cattle there. They were used as oxen for plowing feilds, when they done using them they were fattend and killed for meat. Still known in France as the Butchers animal. The history says they calved year round outdoors, and were bred to calve before two years of age. Mine here in North Arkansas are fertile calve before two years do will on fescue pastures with proper mineral of coarse. Performe very nicely milk well and Calve easly and are very Docile. Time will tell about the Aubrac If they don't get a bad tag like the Limis they will find there place in the good US. cow herd. I just like red cattle with big butts.

Thanks for all the interest in Aubracs.

You can view a couple of short videos @ http://youtube.com/watch?v=3CvBc6P2c44

Our second-annual national sale is on April 7, 2008, if you're interested, in Pleasant Dale, Neb. We should have between 50 and 60 lots of cattle for sale on that day, plus it will be a good opportunity to review newborn calves, herd bulls and some mature cows.

You can learn more at http://www.aubracusa.com

Best regards,

aubracusa