Your choice of 1911.

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":3dfoe22s said:
Ryder":3dfoe22s said:
Bright Raven":3dfoe22s said:
Why? I know you also have a Les Baer.
Same question to you shining bird. What in particular do you like about the Wilson, Les B?

Zero FTF (failure to feed) and FTE (failure to eject). That is what competitive defensive shooters strive for in a 1911. In a combination of practice and competition events, a serious shooter will go through hundreds of rounds a week during the summer. A progressive loader is a requirement. Most use a Dillon Precision. I started out with Kimber. I had 4 different models. I even had the one customized. I still experienced the rare FTE or FTF. During an event, it is embarrassing. My instructor recommended Les Baer - because he used Les Baer. He was retired Secret Service. Taught defensive pistol in Helena MT.

I bought a Wilson Combat CQB. Night sights. No failures. Later, I bought a Ler Baer Target. No failures. If you were only shooting standard factory loads a Kimber might not fail. But with Competition loads that are slightly down loaded and thus not factory, you need a quality 1911.
What powder charge and bullet weight did you use for competition?

Ryder":1lnb1n4m said:
Bright Raven":1lnb1n4m said:
Zero FTF (failure to feed) and FTE (failure to eject). That is what competitive defensive shooters strive for in a 1911. In a combination of practice and competition events, a serious shooter will go through hundreds of rounds a week during the summer. A progressive loader is a requirement. Most use a Dillon Precision. I started out with Kimber. I had 4 different models. I even had the one customized. I still experienced the rare FTE or FTF. During an event, it is embarrassing. My instructor recommended Les Baer - because he used Les Baer. He was retired Secret Service. Taught defensive pistol in Helena MT.

I bought a Wilson Combat CQB. Night sights. No failures. Later, I bought a Ler Baer Target. No failures. If you were only shooting standard factory loads a Kimber might not fail. But with Competition loads that are slightly down loaded and thus not factory, you need a quality 1911.

Penn. 200 grain TCPB Lead cast for practice and competition. Many don't know this but Lead Cast can be ordered in different diameters for one caliber. These are .452. 6 grains of W-W 231
6gwz6b.jpg

2a9wr53.jpg

Bright Raven":33fdlmtn said:
Ryder":33fdlmtn said:
Bright Raven":33fdlmtn said:

Penn. 200 grain TCPB Lead cast for practice and competition. Many don't know this but Lead Cast can be ordered in different diameters for one caliber. These are .452. 6 grains of W-W 231
6gwz6b.jpg

2a9wr53.jpg
Casting your own is fun! Tinkerers are all the same .

Latest posts