Your best beef eating experience?

Help Support CattleToday:

Commerce20":1fmjom5u said:
What is the best steak you have ever had and what made it the best?

Research this subject on the Board. It has been done before - almost verbatum, not too long ago.

Answer: Breed, Marbling, Aging and Preparation.

Welcome to the Forum, Commerce20.

DOC HARRIS

Thanks for the welcome. Yall biased towards the breed or breeds of cattle you raise yourself? Assuming most of the people reading this are in the cattle business...has everyone sampled their own product? If so what breed do you raise and how would you rate the eating experience.

Commerce20":3nkcg5z9 said:

1 1/2 inch rib eye Red Poll steak. Most tendeder meat there is. :D :D

HeartBrand Beef......absolutely no question. www.heartbrandbeef.com The breed is Akaushi. Its a heavier muscled larger framed breed of Wagyu. Its a completely different eating experience than regular Japanese Black wagyu or any other domestic beef that I've had.

We eat our own - Red Angus and I am always disappointed when I go out for steak - even more so when I go out for hamburger. Processed at 14 - 24 months (I prefer the 14 months) and aged 21 days. Finished on grass/hay and a small amount of grain. I think it is the best. So yes, I am biased to my own breed.:) I would say breed plays into it, as well as feed, age processed, how long aged, butcher and stress factor on the animal. We get our steers really calm before they go in and the kill guys have mentioned to us that they are the easiest to work with that they don't have any stress at death and that I think play a huge part in the taste.

We eat 12-15 month bulls.... not steers. Registered Angus not suited for breeding or 3/4 angus raised for slaughter. Ultrasound shows all animal choice now . ... fixing to butcher our first Prime bull - can't wait to taste him! Very tender meat, not overly fat, well marbled.... .
Valerie
Partial to Angus beef.

As long as it has a strong beef flavour and isn't too tough, I don't really care what breed it is. Generally speaking I don't like anything with brahman influence, but I've had brahman steaks that was fantastic.

Isomade":1ejsocie said:
Fogo De Chao Brazilian steakhouse.

And :welcome:

I just went to FogoDeChao in Minneapolis for the first time Saturday night. It was awesome. I don't know if it was the best steak I've had but it was definitly up there. But it was for sure the best eating experience I've had. Now that I know how it works I need to go back with a plan and try it again. I had so much meat on my plate at the beginning I had no idea what cut I was eating.

For anyone that likes meat you HAVE TO check this place out.

hereford":2mqtffrn said:
HeartBrand Beef......absolutely no question. http://www.heartbrandbeef.com The breed is Akaushi. Its a heavier muscled larger framed breed of Wagyu. Its a completely different eating experience than regular Japanese Black wagyu or any other domestic beef that I've had.

Interesting link you got there, I have always thought that grass-fed beef has more CLA and other good fattyacids. Is it about the breed??

I mostly eat grass-fed hereford heifer in age of 16 months. Taste is very good.

Papagayo Restaurant in the Phillipines. Caribou filet mignon. Tender, flavorfull and the size of a truck tire. small truck

Will have to try Fogo De Chao Brazilian steakhouse next time I go to Kansas City. Hmm...website doesn't say where they get there beef.
I'm very biased towards beef I raise...enjoy my cattle alot more than steakhouses around here. Been experimenting with dry aging- sure does make a big difference. My thoughts are 21 days in the cooler is just right. Left a black angus grass steer in for 28 days and thats just too long in my opinion. Had the reddest steaks I've ever seen ,but there was a little mold on the outside of the carcass I had to trim.

Believe it or not lots of ranchers round here have never tried there own cattle. I think they are missing out!

Gotta older friend that is a part time chef...been working on him to get some Wayga chops in so that I can sample the product :D

Best steak I ever had was a Prime+++ steak and the breed of cattle I believe made it the best
Commerce20":1sj8s3ov said:

Best steak I've ever had was a t-bone from a holstein steer that my Grandpa whacked and cooked on his wood stove. Go figure.

Latest posts