Coleman experience?

Help Support CattleToday:

mncowboy

Reaction score
Looking for Coleman bull experience, I'm looking for a sire group that'll have something something that'll produce daughters that are worth retaining and steers that weigh up heavy. Something that'll add milk, carry's or adds some frame, big scrotal and great docility is a must. Thanks in advance

Looking for Coleman bull experience, I'm looking for a sire group that'll have something something that'll produce daughters that are worth retaining and steers that weigh up heavy. Something that'll add milk, carry's or adds some frame, big scrotal and great docility is a must. Thanks in advance
I was watching their big cow dispersion sale a few years ago on live stream. Some of those cows, I think they were Charlo daughters, were snorty beeches in the sale ring. Probably fine if they weren't stirred up in an auction ring setting.

Not sure the traits you describe you are looking for are best found there but wish you luck. Our daughter used a little bit of Coleman Resolve this last breeding season. I am no real fan of Charlo so I don't follow their program much.

I don't think their program offers what you need based on EPDs and their own declarations on frame score. I've used Charlo. Some are snorty but are awesome looking cattle. Mediocre EPDS. To me that sums up their program - awesome looking cattle with mediocre EPDS. Kinda like SAV. But if you want to maintain heifers with superior docility with some frame - look elsewhere

I used Charlo a few years ago and like previous post, his daughters were a disaster trying to run through the chute. one was just plane crazy and never made it to breeding season. Coleman farm advertised about how much they used him on their own breeding program so for that reason I do not even consider using any coleman semen, but good luck if you find what you are looking for.

I have had excellent results with Coleman some haven't worked to much hair. I have used Charlo a lot and love him and his daughters are deep soggy with loads of milk. The kind you want. I have not had any serious issues with docility they aren't pets but haven't had any headhunters either.

gizmom, do you have an opinion on Coleman Glacier and or Galactic?

https://shopcolemanangus.com/products/coleman-galactic-1164

Thanks

Then prioritize those traits instead of low birth weights and calving ease... in the cows you will be retaining heifers from.

I have had excellent results with Coleman some haven't worked to much hair. I have used Charlo a lot and love him and his daughters are deep soggy with loads of milk. The kind you want. I have not had any serious issues with docility they aren't pets but haven't had any headhunters either.
I tend to agree with my own charlo docility experience. They are certainly fine in the field and even in the barn are ok. They just tend to hit the head gate harder then their herd mates from other sires. It's not a dealbreaker for me to get the look and kind he throws. That said, they definitely frame reducers - I only used him on BIG cows - and have miserable EPDS.

I tend to agree with my own charlo docility experience. They are certainly fine in the field and even in the barn are ok. They just tend to hit the head gate harder then their herd mates from other sires. It's not a dealbreaker for me to get the look and kind he throws. That said, they definitely frame reducers - I only used him on BIG cows - and have miserable EPDS.
The Charlo sons were always the first bulls to sell off my place and customers have been happy - at least those customers who didn't care about EPDs :)

Latest posts