Young Polled Hereford bull PIC

Help Support CattleToday:

I agree with the 'cow's udder' comments offered by the rest of the Hereford Klan. That's a deal-breaker for me. :cowboy:

Hey guys, nothing wrong without liking the cow, the young bull or his father. Nobody has better cattle than the rest, good animals everywhere around the world. I don't mind if someone wants to send that young bull to a slaughter house or the make hamburgers from his mother....

Sirs, you should change your mind if I start posting pictures of what that cow has produce...believe me.. ;-)

What it bothers me a little is something that has happen many times in the past...

Please learn to wright correctly the name of my country...U-R-U-G-U-A-Y :cowboy:

Imaging if I go around writing Unated Stetes every time ? :D

Honestly, no problems with the bad comments about what i post here, some animals will like more than others, it's a fact. When someone paste a picture here is to listen others people opinions, good or bad, never mind. Exchanging ideas and opinions is how we all learn.

L

Lorenzo let me be the first to apologize for mispelling the name of your country. I did not mean to insult you. Just as many of our words give you problems with spelling, then also do some of yours present problems for us. Besides I can't spell very well in English much less Spanish.

Also let me say that regarding what the cow has produced: If the cows grand daughters inherit her bag then their useful calf rearing life will be greatly shortened because their bags will be blown out just like hers is. As you have already heard most of the better seedstock breeders cull heavily for not just good bags but prefer great bags.

The other thing to consider is that if she is a Donor then she has had an opportunity to spread this flaw much farther than the average cow.

3way

Australian":rp3txx75 said:
I'm not antagonistic toward US persons at all. But lets face it there are some pretty poor quality cattle posted from time to time. I would like to have a look at cattle in the US and not at some of those that are posted here. There must be better quality about. I'm not an idiot at all as posted above.
Lorenzo deals with the best quailty that country has to offer, because that is his business at that reproductive facility. theres plenty of top quality cattle here ....

3way,

No problem at all with writing wrong my country's name hahaha i was doing a little joke.

Thanks for the eyes opener all you are giving me about that udder. Honestly I didn't thought it was such an important issue. As I always say, I am not a expert but I am learning quickly and mostly because what I read here.

So I only have thanksfull (sp?) words for all of you.

BTW, I just bought a beatiful custom 270 winchester, do you think it will be ok for red stags as they are a little smaller than your elks ?? :cowboy:

L

Hey Lorenzo, the 270 should be fine. I know people here use them for Elk, although I would prefer a larger round. I use a .270 for whitetails.

BTW, what's the shortened form of Uruguay? Most people here can barely spell U.S. :D

Lorenzo,

Your a better man then most, and my hats off to you. I know how frustrating it can be to post a pic of an animal and add supporting pics just to have you topic get ran in a completely different direction then you had intended or wanted.

By the way the dams udder aside a very impressive young bull, thanks for posting it.

When I was younger I used to hunt Roosevelt elk with a bow set at 68lbs, it did fine. I'm sure your 270 would do fine but I'm not a big bore rifle expert. Roosevelt elk are a little bigger weight wise then Rocky Mountain elk, with a little smaller antler.

Alan

Lorenzo":171o72x4 said:
3way,

No problem at all with writing wrong my country's name hahaha i was doing a little joke.

Thanks for the eyes opener all you are giving me about that udder. Honestly I didn't thought it was such an important issue. As I always say, I am not a expert but I am learning quickly and mostly because what I read here.

So I only have thanksfull (sp?) words for all of you.

BTW, I just bought a beatiful custom 270 winchester, do you think it will be ok for red stags as they are a little smaller than your elks ?? :cowboy:

L
if your retaining heifers out of him which most do from AI or bulls for that matter, its a big deal, but not in terminal operation

If this is an old cow that has raised several very good calves, why is the bag a deal breaker :???: If she fell apart after a couple of calves I could see it as a problem. How many calves as good as the one pictured does it take to overcome her flaw. You can have all the cows you want with good bags that do not raise this type of calf and I will take her every time :cowboy:

I like the young bull, head could be stronger and eyebanks could certainly be stronger. Don't like the cow or the sire enough to even consider this bullcalf.