You might be a farm wife if...

Help Support CattleToday:

Susie David

Reaction score
From the Huckleberry Press, contributed by Tracy Stringfellow, who is a farm wife...
Your name is taped to the side of a cake pan.
You call the omplementdealer and he recognizes your voice.
The vet's number is on the speed dial of your phone.
You know how to change a flat but can't because the spare is being used on a flatbed.
Your second vehicle is still a pick-up.
If your husband has ever used field equipment to maintain your yard.
You are in the habit of buying foodstuffs in bulk.
A night out involves the local 4-H club.
The word "auction" makes you tingle.
If you ever have washed your kids or the dishes with a pressure washer.
If "picking-rock" is a chance to get out of the house.
If "wild game" has more to do with dinner than the bed-room.
If "a little lunch" means six courses and a desert made from scratch.
If the "fresh ingredients" youir receipe calls for means a trip to the garden.
Taking lunch to the field is as close as you get to having a picnic.
That pail with a hole in it is a flower pot in the making.
If your rock garden was hand picked.
If you can mend a pair of pants AND the fence that tore them.
If the shopping list in your purse includes the sizes of filters, tires, chains, belts, lights, cables, spark plugs, or shot gun shells.
If you ever went on a date to a rodeo.
Your tan lines are somewhere between your shoulder and your elbow.
You are gratefull for nail polish because it hides the dirt under your nails.
If you ever have called your husband to supper using a radio.
You buy antiques because they match the rest of your furniture.
If being taken out to dinner has ever included a talk by a farm & seed dealer.
Your mail box looks like a piece of farm equipment.
If your kid's wading pool has ever doubled as a stock tank or vice versa.
You have a yard but not a lawn.
You have alot of machinery...each piece worth more than your house.
The leaky barn roof gets fixed before the leak in your kitchen.
Duct tape is always on the shopping list.
You can best see your neighbor's place through binoculars.
The tractor and combine have air-conditioning but your car doesn't.
:roll: The words, "Lacey" and "Frilly" refers to farm animals but not your night gown.
Alot more but this is getting chatty...will share later.
Susie

sure enough sounds like my wifeyou forgot to add things like[she knows which antibiotics are for which animal and what doses] [when talking about due dates it isnt bills its calving] [she has her own muddy feed boots or shoes beside her husbands at the front door] [has eaten deer meat in every concieveable recipe including taco salads]

you know you're at home at someone else's house when they, too, have their vaccines in the top shelf of the fridge, next to the jelly and butter.

You can use the word sheath at the dinner table, and not offend anyone.
You have used your car to transport sick calves to the vet.
You have gone out at three in the morning to check a calving heifer with your pajamas tucked into your cover-alls.

What a great post! I'd say my Wife could relate to 90% of em'.All of us Guys here, had better show more gratitude for our other halves. I can speak for myself here, that without her I'd have a hard time keeping things rolling on this place. A BIG SALUTE TO ALL THE FARM WIVES OUT THERE!!

Scout":3kllhibs said:
you know you're at home at someone else's house when they, too, have their vaccines in the top shelf of the fridge, next to the jelly and butter.
And some "interesting death animals" your kids brought home from playing outside....
We brought them in and my mom (the real farm wife that she is) kept them in the freezer for us to show granma.....
Granma is no farm-wife :D :D :D 8)

Crowderfarms":g010klg5 said:
What a great post! I'd say my Wife could relate to 90% of em'.All of us Guys here, had better show more gratitude for our other halves. I can speak for myself here, that without her I'd have a hard time keeping things rolling on this place. A BIG SALUTE TO ALL THE FARM WIVES OUT THERE!!
yeah id be lost without my wife here on our farm.shes kinda of like the foreman.just couldnt make it run right without her. ;-)

"If you have boot rings marking the calves on your legs"

Went to a dinner last year and saw several wives in dresses - three of them had those familiar red rings on their legs. I might add they were mighty fine legs if I am allowed to say so.

Praise the farm wife - without her we old guys would be finished and no two ways about it!

Bez!

I also would not have a cow on my place without my wife. She takes care of the feeding and everyday chores while I'm working out of state. I know that I sometimes forget to acknowledge this and for that I'm truly sorry.

P.S. Ya'll don't tell her I said that, might give her the big head. :lol:

I usaully refer to my wife as the best two thirds of this operation.

dun

I received 7 new bred cows and a bull for our wedding anniversary from my husband and love them...

Latest posts